Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a problem with the weatherstrip on the front egde of the trunk? Mine was visible when the trunk was closed and I wanted it to be seated properly so you don't see it. My dealer repalced it today with no questions but the results are basically the same. They said this was the way it had to be installed. They will contact the Saturn rep and have him come take a look at it and make some reccomendations. I told them it wasn't acceptable to me to have the strip exposed when the trunk is closed.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
SunneySky has a problem with the trunk weatherstripping poking out when he installed a windshield. I had the opportunity to look at his car a couple of weeks ago and the reason was obvious... the clearance on the forward edge of his trunk lid was like half of that on mine and several other Skys. The gap on mine is almost 3/16"

Have you dealer check that the trunk lid is installed properly.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
mine is up getten that buldge fixed as we speak

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yes, the dealer can order a new part. I have had the bulging nastyness since March but its as easy as glueing on a new strip. Ill post pictures of the before and after when i get it fixed at the end of the month.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
They fixed mine on one of her routine maintence trips. Now she is getting all shined up and ready for her new Mommy.... SkyBaby

·
Registered
450 Posts
a new weatherstrip has been ordered for me too! It was sticking out higher on one side.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The mechanic put on a new strip Thursday. I will suggest that they check the trunk lid and make sure its installed properly. Thanks to all of you.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
My weatherstrip is also poking out...it is especially noticeable on the 2 humps. I think it looks like crap and I defintely plan on having it replaced. My trunk lid is also misaligned, so that too will be addressed at the same time.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The service manager just called me. They want to have the car checked out by the body shop, check if the trunk lid is not installed properly. They are being very responsive to this problem and I appreciate this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts