Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
theirishgonzo said:
well i am thinking i want a cf hood and trunk lid for weight saveings. how much lighter would you think it would be. also i would paint it to match the car.
My guess - if done properly, maybe 75 lbs to 150 lbs lighter...

·
Registered
820 Posts
CF for the hood would be near impossible or VERY expensive. Think about the fitting issues they had with the metal hood. I would think this would be a pain in the butt trying to fit. Also the hood is very complicated on the sky, incorporating the headlights, hood vents, and multiple bends and angles.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Nemesis said:
CF for the hood would be near impossible or VERY expensive. Think about the fitting issues they had with the metal hood. I would think this would be a pain in the butt trying to fit. Also the hood is very complicated on the sky, incorporating the headlights, hood vents, and multiple bends and angles.
The Hot Rod Solstice has a CF hood, trunklid, door inner and outer, and rear quarter panels, as well as front and rear bumper covers.

It can be done. :thumbs:

CF=Very ex$$$Pen$ive, goes without saying. Pulling a mold, making the CF parts, prolly talking unpainted about $5K for the hood and $3800 for the trunklid.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is a quality cf not the ricer cf for that price guess. i got a 50% saveings on my alero going with a cf hood with a fiberglass underside.

actuley if you make a good mold you will have a good fitment and a quality piece.

my upgrade path is .
rims and tires light weight
a true cai not the wai that you can buy
dvd nav in dash with hd fm
4 point seat belt
light weight pannels

1 - 5 of 5 Posts