Saturn Sky Forum banner

2041 - 2060 of 2091 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Welcome to our newest owners & members of the forum.

You made the right choice with your most recent purchases of our little gem.
Check your mirror for "smile lines" forming on your face muscles, from this point forward.
Look and Feel younger...no need to go to the plastic surgeon, get Botox treatments, creams and wrinkle fade scam fads on TV....

Open door.. place butt firmly here, buckle seatbelt, close door, key in ignition, turn key, foot on brake, gear in drive, let off brake pedal press right foot down... See how easy that was to make you feel younger? You didn't have to a make an office visit appointment, go to your CVS for a prescription drug or buy some hokey product off the net ... OH No.. you just walked out to your driveway/garage for a little just for ME time behind the wheel. Works every time.

LAC

·
Registered
17,354 Posts
Welcome to our newest owners & members of the forum.

You made the right choice with your most recent purchases of our little gem.
Check your mirror for "smile lines" forming on your face muscles, from this point forward.
Look and Feel younger...no need to go to the plastic surgeon, get Botox treatments, creams and wrinkle fade scam fads on TV....

Open door.. place butt firmly here, buckle seatbelt, close door, key in ignition, turn key, foot on brake, gear in drive, let off brake pedal press right foot down... See how easy that was to make you feel younger? You didn't have to a make an office visit appointment, go to your CVS for a prescription drug or buy some hokey product off the net ... OH No.. you just walked out to your driveway/garage for a little just for ME time behind the wheel. Works every time.

LAC
Why the welcome? Nobody here has purchased a car...all allegations. Pictures must be shown as PROOF of PURCHASE...that's the way it works.

·
Registered
40 Posts

We like to welcome new members to the forum here at skyroadster. New members, folks may not always catch your first post to welcome you in, so feel free to post here and introduce yourself to the gang! :cheers: Current members, if ya spot someone new to the community that we missed, by all means, welcome them in here! :thumbs:
Hi !

How to start ..., I will make easy.

I love this car...I've had a lot of cars but this one...no words to describe, design, engine...a success!

Short first post...

:nerd:

·
Registered
6 Posts
New member.

I tried posting here once before don't think it ever posted. So here I go. :cheers: I'm new. I live in Carson City Nevada. I just purchased a Silver 2007 Saturn Sky. It had 43000 miles on it all stock except it has an upgraded exhaust. Also has been upgraded to LED lighting on the outside. It is in like new condition. I love the car. I call her Roxy.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I tried posting here once before don't think it ever posted.
I found 4 posts by you on the forum, so it would appear they all posted. When you are new to the forum, all your posts are "in moderation", so they don't appear until approved by a moderator. I don't know how many posts it takes to get past that limitation, so keep posting.

Welcome to the forum.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Owner of 2008 Saturn Sky redline....

Hello, me and my wife purchased brand new 2008 Saturn Sky Redline turbo (black/red/black interior) when it came out in 08... The car only has 19k miles on it.... We had some AC problems about 3 yrs ago with it and it ended up sitting in our drive way for about 2 1/2 yrs but now I am itching to start driving it again.... so Im looking for help on safely getting it running.. I posted a question concerning this in the general forum.. thanks..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Auto trans service

We like to welcome new members to the forum here at skyroadster. New members, folks may not always catch your first post to welcome you in, so feel free to post here and introduce yourself to the gang! :cheers: Current members, if ya spot someone new to the community that we missed, by all means, welcome them in here! :thumbs:
Joined Sky forum today for some help. My 2007 redline has 177000 miles on it and I am confused on how to service my auto trans.. It was last serviced at 131000 miles and 4 years ago. Do I go by the miles or years for maintenance? So many different opinions locally and prices from $159 to $460 for a tune up. My local Cadillac dealer servicing Saturn's says to do it now? Opinions please. Thank you, Jim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saturn Sky Base 2007 Air Intake

Hello to you all. My name is Ricky Dee from Huntsville AL 35898. I ret from the Army with 21 years out of Ft. Benning, GA. I like to flip cars and customized them too. This is my first sports car. I have a 2013 GS 350 I'm currently customizing. I also have a Victory Kingpin 2012 that I don't ride anymore but like to look at it in my garage.

I am currently trying to restore my 2007 Saturn Sky Base back it's original air intake. The person I purchase it from put a K&N system on it and I don't like the way it sounds. Can anybody give me some stores I can contact to get a OEM air intake system?:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Happy Purchase!

Hello Everybody,

I am Trevor and I purchased a 2008 Saturn Sky Redline this past month. I had been looking for a low mileage used car that would replace my 240k mile truck as a Daily Driver. I was looking up 4 cylinders but I wanted something with a bit of punch when I needed it. I have not been disappointed. I test drove this puppy and have fallen in love with it. The power curve is so smooth and I find myself feeling like a little kid on a go-kart each time excited to go around curves like I am in Formula 1. This was my first major used car purchase and I picked it up in New Jersey. It was a 22 hr total trip but it was well worth it.

2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Silver Pearl
26,900 Miles
2 Owner (1st owner only had it for 1 year)

Here is a link to a gallery after I finished purchasing it:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/r2Vo3A5J6fyypeWG8

I joined this forum to continue to learn about this Kappa platform and to hopefully meet up and take a scenic tour. I hopefully will participate in SCCA later this year with the Saturn. Thank you for reading!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Back on the Fourm

Hey All,

Just jumped back on the fourm after a handful of years. I have recently taken up a couple projects on my redline and have visited this site multiple times for guidence. I appreaciate all the support and I will add my own insight when I have more time to break down my projects for you all. I've had my Sky for 9 years now and we have had our ups and downs along the way but I still love this car. Just ripped out my old PCV valve and replaced it, that was a blast!

07 Redline Manual
Magnaflow Exhuast
KNN Typhoon Intake
Lambo Doors

·
Registered
18 Posts
Back on the Fourm

Hey all,

My name is David and I am back on the forum after a handful of years. I have recently had more time to work on my Redline and this site continues to be an amazing resource! I've had my Sky for 9 years now and love how this car drives and performs!

07 Sky Redline
Magnaflow Exhaust
KNN Typhoon CAI
Lambo Doors

:cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello ( newbee)
was looking for a different fun car, and bought a 08 red line turbo, with----- 11,673 miles!!!
have all papers and car fax.
second owner, orig. was from Daytona.
Had to replace tires, battery, and all fluids.
drove to Miami and must have seen 40 Sky"s and Pontiac Sol"s.
looking forward to chatting and learning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all!

I'm new to the forum, but I've owned my Sky for a couple years. I'm just getting into the idea of trying to do some light modifications. I have a 2008 Sky Redline. Just crossed the 100k mileage mark. Everything is stock, at the moment, but I've got a list of things that I want to do slowly.

The forum has already been super helpful to me. I had the P0010 - p0013 Error codes and I just read through the process of changing out the VVT solenoids. Thanks for all of your knowledge even before I introduced myself. Just took her for a 20 mile ride and no error codes have shown back up yet.

Best,
Steve

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Hi, new here

Few months back, purchased a Saturn Sky RedLine, one owner 23K miles. 5 speed manual in Sunburst Yellow. I already put up pictures in "the garage".

Love this car and very affordable. Intend to do some road trips in this beautiful State of Washington.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy howdy. While we have been Kappa enthusiasts since Hubster bought his 2009 GXP Solstice new, I am now more than the white knuckled passenger with our new-to-us 2008 Sky Red Line, Forest Green/tan two tone/manual. Bought with just 29K miles/1 owner, no mods. Already put a full set of Continental Extreme Contact tires, and have ordered a DDM brace package. Will drive a bit to see if I want a new tune or exhaust package. Pondering some cosmetic mods like an interior kit, a racing stripe (with peelable paint) ....

Cheers, y’all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newer member first post

I all have been registered for a few months but never posted. Hello all we purchased our Sky Redline in Oct of 2018 with just under 9000 miles. After driving the Sky some 4000 miles on the farm roads of Berks County Pa I have really starting to learn how to handle the car and it's power. I'm starting to see that there are a few people with Sky's in south eastern Pa. West Chester RT 100 has a nice cars and coffee, been there with other cars I own but not with the Sky yet. Our Redline came with a 3/8" backbone a, Trifecta tune, and a third party transferred warranty till Sept of 2022.

Hope to see ya'll on the road
Chez

2041 - 2060 of 2091 Posts