Saturn Sky Forum banner

2061 - 2080 of 2091 Posts

·
Super Moderator
647 Posts
I all have been registered for a few months but never posted. Hello all we purchased our Sky Redline in Oct of 2018 with just under 9000 miles. After driving the Sky some 4000 miles on the farm roads of Berks County Pa I have really starting to learn how to handle the car and it's power. I'm starting to see that there are a few people with Sky's in south eastern Pa. West Chester RT 100 has a nice cars and coffee, been there with other cars I own but not with the Sky yet. Our Redline came with a 3/8" backbone a, Trifecta tune, and a third party transferred warranty till Sept of 2022.

Hope to see ya'll on the road
Chez
Hi Chez,

Welcome to the forum. You might want to check out the North East regional section: https://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f30/ Many local meets and other folks looking to get together for drives post there.

Again, welcome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
New Sky Guy

Hi! This is the 4th attempt to introduce myself none have shown up. I'm not going to write too much til I know this works. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, I’m new to this forum. I live in Texas. I have a near new 2009 Sky Red Line. Can someone explain to me the PCV system of the LNF turbo engine. From what I can tell, the two braided lines shown in the attached pic are “blow by” related lines. I’d like to attach two OCCs to the engine. One OCC in line with each braided line shown in the attached pic.

Any info on attaching OCCs would be helpful as I’m still a little confused by the PCV process and placement on the LNF engine. Thx.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all. Just wanted to add some info that resolved a problem I had with my redline. Wanted to share the love because I’m so excited about my results!!! LOL I Had a u0073 error and p0128 check engine error. I had a I had a faulty coolant cap which I replaced. My car was still throwing faults and acting erratically. P0608 and P0128. Low coolant temps, avg mpg climbing, recent synthetic oil change percentages dropping rapidly. Was about to take it to the dealership when I decided to investigate a little more. I pulled my PMC fuse for a few mins and reseated it. I’m a computer tech. I thought maybe resetting the computer might help. Voila!!!!!!! YAY!! My baby is purring like a cat and driving so much incredibly better. Resolved so many problems I didn’t even know were related!!!! I hope this can help someone else.... This forum is has been a wonderful resource for this single girl. Good luck with any problems everyone ?????

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
Here’s the pic of the two braided lines.
The one going to the intake track has a check valve at the end (between it and the intake). I know one of these you can route to a catch can and one you shouldn't but can't ever remember which is which as I don't have a Redline.

Hi all. Just wanted to add some info that resolved a problem I had with my redline. Wanted to share the love because I’m so excited about my results!!! LOL I Had a u0073 error and p0128 check engine error. I had a I had a faulty coolant cap which I replaced. My car was still throwing faults and acting erratically. P0608 and P0128. Low coolant temps, avg mpg climbing, recent synthetic oil change percentages dropping rapidly. Was about to take it to the dealership when I decided to investigate a little more. I pulled my PMC fuse for a few mins and reseated it. I’m a computer tech. I thought maybe resetting the computer might help. Voila!!!!!!! YAY!! My baby is purring like a cat and driving so much incredibly better. Resolved so many problems I didn’t even know were related!!!! I hope this can help someone else.... This forum is has been a wonderful resource for this single girl. Good luck with any problems everyone ?????
Glad you got it resolved and that a simple reset fixed it. First step with these kinds of things is always to reset the computer just to make sure to eliminate what you just found.

Welcome to the forum (since this looks like your first post) and please feel free to post more often. Glad this helped you out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm new here and I'm glad to meet you, I have finally found a community about this car, I mean, the Sky (or the Opel GT in Europe). Cause, yeah, I'm French and I own an Opel GT, which is, as you know, the same car as the Saturn Sky.
I am 36 and live in the north of France, I work in IT, and I love cars ^_^ (I owned a few, Mustang GT, Lotus Elise, Jaguar S-Type, Shelby GT 500, Toyota MR2 roadster, Porsche 944, Corvette C4 and now, a Dodge Charger SRT8 and the Opel GT.

Please forgive my sometimes imperfect english, as it is not my native language and I'm often tired...

I may often ask questions about the car, some advices, hints, tips, because I only own it since July... And I would like it to become a Saturn Sky (rebadge it completely).

Thanks in advance, and see ya !

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had 2007 Redline since March 2019. Love the car. Recently I have been having trouble with the drivers side "prug" staying down. It will just pop out just driving down the road. No trouble with the passenger side. Any ideas???

·
Super Moderator
11,193 Posts
I have had 2007 Redline since March 2019. Love the car. Recently I have been having trouble with the drivers side "prug" staying down. It will just pop out just driving down the road. No trouble with the passenger side. Any ideas???
First, welcome to the forum.

By "prug" I assume you mean the part of the top that, when the top is up, flips up from the trunk when you open the trunk and that you have to push down and secure on the top of the trunk when you close the trunk. These are called buttresses. It could be out of adjustment or the bar inside the trunk that secures in the recess of the fitting of the buttress that goes into the trunk could be damaged causing it to only barely engage and thus pop out while you're driving.

·
Super Moderator
5,296 Posts
"Prug"? I'm curious about where that came from.

Since the passenger side is working, the first thing I would do is compare the two sides to see what might be different. The tapered pin on the bottom of the buttress could be damaged, or as Robo said, the wire latches inside the trunk lid could be damaged or stuck. You can pretty easily see both of those things, so it should be easy to check.

And, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not a new member but last posted back in 2016. Bought a late 2008 Sky Redline new back in '08. Chili Pepper red, Black interior and manual gear box. Sold her to an ex girlfriend. Complaints: Lack of a 6 spd manual and an excessively loud fuel pump.

In April of this year I bought an early 2008 Sky Redline with 27k miles. Techno Gray, Red/black interior, and automatic. Can barely hear the fuel pump and only at times. Not as modified as my first, I have added: auto chromatic rear view mirror, etched and lit windrestrictor, upgraded sound system with woofer, 1" lowering springs, more robust back brace, GMPP tune and changed fender GM badges to Redline badges.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aloha,

I have owned my base 2007 Saturn Sky since 2009 when the ex husband brought it as a Christmas present in Vegas.
I now live in Hawaii on the island of Oahu and curious if any of the other Hawaii Sky owners are on this forum. I take special note each time I see one and have only seen about 6-8 of these on Island since being here for 5 years. Anyway, I'd like to get into upgrades and modifications once I can resolve a curious issue with my trunk/buttress etc. I am glad to have found this forum and thank those who created, moderate and contribute the website.

Mahalo!

Arandomlady in Hawaii

2061 - 2080 of 2091 Posts