Saturn Sky Forum banner

2081 - 2091 of 2091 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,253 Posts
Aloha,

I have owned my base 2007 Saturn Sky since 2009 when the ex husband brought it as a Christmas present in Vegas.
I now live in Hawaii on the island of Oahu and curious if any of the other Hawaii Sky owners are on this forum. I take special note each time I see one and have only seen about 6-8 of these on Island since being here for 5 years. Anyway, I'd like to get into upgrades and modifications once I can resolve a curious issue with my trunk/buttress etc. I am glad to have found this forum and thank those who created, moderate and contribute the website.

Mahalo!

Arandomlady in Hawaii
Welcome to the forum. I can remember one member from Hawaii, but cannot recall seeing a post from him in quite some time.

If a search does not help you with a trunk solution I suggest starting a new thread with the problem as the title. I am certain that you will receive several suggestions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey all,

Short intro is that I have different opel, mantes, gts, 1900s,kaddets. Always wanted a Sky and the timing was right.
Going to be doing a lot of reading to catch up to the knowledge that is here. I will do my research until I hit a dead end then ask my questions. 2008 redline automatic (got lazy As I got older?)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey all,

Short intro is that I have different opel, mantes, gts, 1900s,kaddets. Always wanted a Sky and the timing was right.
Going to be doing a lot of reading to catch up to the knowledge that is here. I will do my research until I hit a dead end then ask my questions. 2008 redline automatic (got lazy As I got older?) View attachment 112088
welcome to the forum.i have an auto trans also and just love it !!!

·
Super Moderator
11,186 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nothing wrong with the Auto. A bit of a tip, you'll note there is an 'I' (upper case i) setting on the trans. When you are on a twisty road where, in a manual, you'd be holding your gear in corners and legging it out to red line between shifts...put the trans in that setting. You'll find yourself missing the stick even less.

And this coming from a guy with a manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome. I think you'll like it here.
Hey John.......I am new to the sight as I bought a 2007 Base Sky (one owner 33,800 miles) this past May and have had ZERO problems until now with the Buttress locks won't release! Examined them and the passenger side lock lost the plastic orange "grommet/washer" that holds the cable after it goes through the eyelet, which seems to cause BOTH to not release now! WHERE can you find replacement locks? It appears that with the one not connected it won't pull the driver's side lock requiring both to be connected to work? The mechanic in me sees this but I don't know that for a fact? Thanks for any help as I figured if the orange part broke due to brittleness the other would soon be doing the same thing, so I figured I'd replace BOTH locks while I have it opened up! Thank you for your time, David

·
Registered
889 Posts
FedExJetMech, grab a split shot fishing sinker and crimp it on the cable to replace the broken plastic piece. Many have had the same issue and that's the best solution that folks have come up with.
The only other way is to replace the whole cable but frankly, I doubt it's still available.

·
Super Moderator
11,186 Posts
FedExJetMech, grab a split shot fishing sinker and crimp it on the cable to replace the broken plastic piece. Many have had the same issue and that's the best solution that folks have come up with.
The only other way is to replace the whole cable but frankly, I doubt it's still available.
Actually you can find the plastic part at Autozone. It is a door rod part like the one that is on the cables that actuate the tulip panels but a different design. The split shot sinker solution though I think is more durable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually you can find the plastic part at Autozone. It is a door rod part like the one that is on the cables that actuate the tulip panels but a different design. The split shot sinker solution though I think is more durable.
I greatly appreciate BOTH answers and while that is NOT ALLOWED in Aviation (would go to jail!) I can fully understand the how the split shot fishing sinker would rectify the problem.......will let you know how that "modification" works out! I knew I was still hearing the unlocking sound but the trunk latch wouldn't release because neither of the buttresses would release! THANKS AGAIN guys!

2081 - 2091 of 2091 Posts