Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

My Fiance has an 09 with 29K miles on the clock. Everything is original, except for the broken cup holder (my bad):banghead:.
And soon to be... a new water pump.. at 29K! Just saw a large puddle in the garage.. its leaking pretty good. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
11,215 Posts
I just realized you're in Wildomar. We are getting more and more locals here. Skersfan and I are very active with the San Diego Kappa group but we've been kicking around the idea of having an Inland Empire group as we are getting a bit bigger.

Perhaps it is time for another "Mod" day.

Here is the tool you need for the swap. other than this it is a pretty simple job really.

Amazon.com: Lisle 13800 Water Pump Sprocket Holder For GM Ecotec: Automotive

Also, here is a short write up RickyD did when he changed his. I didn't do mine (was cheaper to spend the $100 deductible on my extended warranty than it was to buy a $140 water pump) but it would be fairly easy to do on the NA. Pretty sure we could pull it off.
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2/i-had-change-my-2-4-water-pump-35703/

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
I think a "Water Pump" Mod Day is in order!!! What do you think Robo!!

·
Vendor
1,980 Posts
Hello!

My Fiance has an 09 with 29K miles on the clock. Everything is original, except for the broken cup holder (my bad):banghead:.
And soon to be... a new water pump.. at 29K! Just saw a large puddle in the garage.. its leaking pretty good. :mad:

Welcome! :cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, I would like to try and do it this weekend. I have a ton of tools... like a lot. But not the holder. it doesn't look that bad, I could probably make one, but that cheap....might as well buy it. I am a jeep guy...
Anybody know of one local before I buy online?
Ill probably dive into it Saturday morning.
I am about 2 miles from Clinton Keith and the 15.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I have all the stuff I need. AutoZone ordered in the tool as a loaner. I'll probably tear into it early Sat morning. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Bairy,
I hear there are two different types of timing belt sprocket holders. I hate to be so vague, but I believe one works better than the other. You might want to do a little more research about the sprocket holder on this and the solstice forum. I believe the solstice forum has a water pump break down thread that talks about this as well. This is a bad weekend for me otherwise I'd head down there. This is THE job I REALLY want to learn how to do. Especially with the coolant bleed. Please keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Sorry, timing *chain*.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
All done.
Started at 8:30 finished at 12:30? (Naked Gun, Naked gun 33-1/3, half of crocodile dundee) Netflix in the garage!

I replaced the o rings on the tube. Should've replaced the exhaust gasket, but i'm sure it'll be fine.

Here is a shot in the middle of the process:

I got the full circle tool from auto zone. I see its advantage over the half circle is the retention of the bolts if they fall out of the socket :eek:... Even with some grease, working at that angle, they came out. The flanges on the bolt heads kept them from falling though. :cool:
My little inspection mirror and mini needle nose pliers came in handy there...

Lots of write-ups here and there online, but I just kept taking things off when they were in the way. Really not too hard. So far no leaks either.
:thumbs:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good for you and congrats! Seemed pretty easy. We were pretty close to that with the turbo build.
Yep, I kept thinking, why am I putting the stock parts back on?
:lol:

Car is so under powered. If Its kept, Ill find an LS to put in there. :lol::jester:

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Congrats Bairy!!! No whirring sounds?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts