Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to personally offer all Rocky Mountain Sky Forum member and any out of state visitors to attend any and all of the events listed below:

2006 Official Meet and Greet Program​
May 20th- BOULDER: Meet at Home Depot Parking Lot @ 28th & Canyon (10:30 a.m.), drive up Boulder Canyon (119) to Peak to Peak Highway (72) to Nederland. Eat Lunch (Black Forest or Sundance Cafe) drive on to Ward (72) and drive back Left Hand Canyon (89) to Altona (HWY 36) then Home.

June 24th: FORT COLLINS: Meet at Whitefang's house, drive through Ft. Collins to LaPorte (HWY's 14 & 287) and up Rist Canyon (52E) to Stove Prairie (27). Proceed to Poudre Canyon and up (14) to Cameron Pass and over to Moose Visitors Center for Picnic Lunch. Turn Around and Come back down the Poudre Canyon (14) to Fort Collins (287). Those who want could stay on to sample the beer and food at the Brew Fest, then carefully go home.

July 14th -16th :1ST NATIONAL SOLSTICE CONVENTION,KANSAS CITY, MO.: For those going from the local club; Fri 14th -7-10 pm Meet and Greet Reception (Holiday Inn Sports Complex); Sat 15th - I-70 Speedway, Odessa, MO=Park and View, Pace Car Laps, Scavenger Run, & Dinner; Sun 16th - Brunch and Fun Run.

Aug 12th : ESTES PARK : Meet at the Longmont Mall (119 and Hover), Drive up St. Vrain Canyon (7) from Lyons, Take Peak to Peak (72) & (7) to Estes Park, go to Rocky Mountain National Park & drive Trail Ride Road to Alpine Visitor Center, Return to Estes Park, enjoy supper (Meet) and travel home.

Sept 16th : GOLDEN : Start of Fall Color Tours- Meet in Downtown Golden at the River Park, Drive up Golden Gate Canyon (46), drive over to Central City (119) for lunch and return to Peak to Peak (119) , to Coal Creek Canyon (72) , go home.

If you wish to attend one or more of the above Meet and Greet Drives, please contact: John White @ 970-407-0040. This organization was designed so that owners of Pontiac Solstice and Sky automobiles could meet each other and enjoy drives in Rocky Mountain Region.
As the Saturn Sky comes into production, those owners are also invited to participate.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks for posting the info and invite...I'll plan on a few of the events...gee I guess I need my car first:lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car?

No you don't need your car first. I still don't have my Solstice yet and have gone on and helped organize two meets.:cheers:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yep

whitefang said:
No you don't need your car first. I still don't have my Solstice yet and have gone on and helped organize two meets.:cheers:
And I believe that you had a good time going, even without a car. I know I didn't mind that you didn't have your car. It was great being around others that had a passion for the car as much as I do. Drove 450 miles and got a sun burn that day to prove it. :cool:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think this is too cool...'Souls'and 'Skies' playing together.
Rock on

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Let's Talk - Rocky Mountain Sky/ Solstice Club

The Season listed on the first post of this thread was a great experience. We met allot of new friends and will miss some who have moved away or have since decided to not get their Red Line or Sky. If you read this thread and are new to the Colorado / Wyoming area and want to be a part of our group, please PM me and we will include you in our family. We will be getting together to plan the next seasons cruises at a later time. From here on this thread is a general - Howdy! thread.

Happy Trails to You Until We Meet Again!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Colorado Springs Sky owner

Would like to be a part of the Colorado Sky family as my wife and I are going through a Mid-life crisis and are loving the experience. The Sky certainly helps us feel young and viberant and I love all the looks we get from the tuner crowd.

Tmac

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Howdy!

We would love to have you join our little family. As you can see from our first season we like to get together when we can.
Last season we didn't have anyone in the Springs to host a cruise. Lots of places to cruise in your area and we would all love to come down to see you and drive your twisties.
Yes we all agree, it seems that with all the Skys and Solstices sold in the front range we would have allot more get together interest in each of our geographic areas, but...

What Color Sky do you have? How long you had it?

PM'ed you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Colorado Springs great place to drive the sky

I Have a Red Sky Z07 with custom red and black leather interior, 5 speed, custom wheels and all the options. I bought the car in Sept from Chapel Hills Saturn. I went there to test drive a car and was ready to place an order when my Salesperson called and asked if I was interested in a Sky that had been returned because the car had come in as a manual instead of an automatic. I went that evening to look at the car and it was exactly what I was going to order. So I'm one of the very fortunate that never had to wait for thier car and it was purchased on my birthday, how cool is that! My wife and I just love the car and alternate days that we drive it.

We've driven it through Garden of the Gods, Rocky Mt National Park, Highway 24 to Cripple Creek to see the Aspens change and all around town. We love the attention that the car gets from everyone, and of course the standard remark,"is that really a Saturn?". I took my yougest daughter to her Homecoming (Coronado HS) in late Sept with the top down and she just loved being seen in such a cool car.

We would love to help host any runs you'd like to plan for this area and we look forward to meeting the other sky/solstice onwers in the area.

Sincerely,
Tom and Joan

·
Registered
243 Posts
: We've driven it through Garden of the Gods, Rocky Mt National Park, Highway 24 to Cripple Creek to see the Aspens change and all around town. We love the attention that the car gets from everyone, and of course the standard remark,"is that really a Saturn?". I took my yougest daughter to her Homecoming (Coronado HS) in late Sept with the top down and she just loved being seen in such a cool car.
Have you made the trip through all the twisties to the top of Pike's Peak? Now THAT would be one exciting drive...:thumbs:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Z07 Custom Decals

The Z07 are decals that the dealer added to the front quater panels and custom made seats:banghead: :banghead: to confuse corvette owners. TMAC

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the Rocky Mountain Solstice/ Sky Club!

Thanks for emailing me. When I forwarded your pic's to the other members the pic's didn't foreword.

Glad to have an active member with a Sky. All previous Sky persons had one on order and some have giving up and gone to other cars.

I liked the pictures of your car and wife at the mountains.

I was hoping for a cruise to Colorado Springs in early Spring (March), or late fall (October) next season. I thought you would get warmer weather down there before most of us up North get our Spring and that you would have an extended fall. Since no one has chosen any month but me (July 14th/ Rocky Mountain National Park Cruise) you can pretty much choose any month /day/ place and we will post it as a Cruise Date; email me when you decide.

whitefang

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
:party: Hi folks,
I am in NM and have friends all over CO. Hope to head your way come spring.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Howdy Partner!

:party: Hi folks,
I am in NM and have friends all over CO. Hope to head your way come spring.
We should have out 2007 Cruise Schedule up and running on the forum by the end of March.
Let us know when you come up.
We were hoping that the NM Sky and Solstice groups would publish some cruise so that we might be able to come down your way for some twisties and parties.:cheers:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Another Colorado Springs member - Hello!

Hope to get the Sky and join you by Spring! We are getting ours from Chapel Hills also!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was very pleased with my experience at Chapel Hills as I'm sure you will also be/are treated well. I would be pleased to help host a cruise up highway 24 to Cripple Creek or Pikes Peak next year. Both offer great views and fun driving and anytime during summer or early fall would be safe.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey guys ! I am in the Parker area. How do I join this group ? My Redline will hopefully be in this December (code 3800 last week). Would love to get together this spring.

Jim

·
Registered
262 Posts

If you wish to attend one or more of the above Meet and Greet Drives, please contact: John White @ 970-407-0040. This organization was designed so that owners of Pontiac Solstice and Sky automobiles could meet each other and enjoy drives in Rocky Mountain Region.
As the Saturn Sky comes into production, those owners are also invited to participate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I'm not a member of your club, nor an owner of a a soul or sky (as of yet), but I was wondering if you guys have thought of meeting up with RockyMountainEcotec.net since you guys have Ecotec engines? They were started in CO back in February. We have been looking for ecotec cars to join and have even expanded into 3 other states. I'm not trying to step on anybodies toes, just suggesting a possible joint meet. Check us out at www.RockyMountainEcotec.net

1 - 20 of 93 Posts