Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got a TPW out of Saturn. I was told July 10th. Perhaps sooner. Of course two weeks ago I was told by a GM exec that I could expect the car to be built in late June.

I'm now very worried that I won't see the car until September or October (after hearing how long it's taken some cars to ship). Which means drive it for a couple of weeks before I store it for the winter. :mad: Perhaps I should get a boat instead.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
rick112 said:
I finally got a TPW out of Saturn. I was told July 10th. Perhaps sooner. Of course two weeks ago I was told by a GM exec that I could expect the car to be built in late June.

I'm now very worried that I won't see the car until September or October (after hearing how long it's taken some cars to ship). Which means drive it for a couple of weeks before I store it for the winter. :mad: Perhaps I should get a boat instead.
Hey Rick some words of encouragement....
how long have you been waiting? Don't give up!!! believe me you will regret it if you do...
so are you going to drive that boat in the winter? naww the Sky will be much more fun year around... you can still get it out on sunny days even if it is cold out and enjoy the Sky...

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
rick112 said:

Did you order an automatic or stick shift?

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
DON'T GIVE UP! :banghead: We are here to get you through the tough times. You WILL rejoice once you have your SKY and always reqret it everytime you see another one if you quit now.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
No way Rick?! Is it april fools? Nope, well it is 6-6-06... and this is an evil thought for you to give up after all this.

The release for Canada seems to be delayed across the board and so its not as though you are the only one missing out. I think you will regret passing on getting your Sky upon seeing them on the road in a couple months.

You know so much about the car and have waited this long, don't let yourself down now. And besides, are you a loyal member and mod at a boat forum? I doubt it!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
July 10th is just a few days short of only a month away...before you know it, your TPW will be here and your car will be built. Stick it out with the rest of us. :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
rick112 said:

Let me be blunt...
You want the car???:cheers:
You want to start ALL OVER again sometime later?:banghead:

Stay the course.... Sail on!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
rick112 said:

:nono: You are not giving up at this stage of the game. Hey we are right there with you!!:thumbs: You can and will get your SKY, Show us what Canandians are made of!!

You have set an unprecedented example to us all and you owe to yourself & all us forum family to stick with it. So buck up and shut up about this quitting the SKY talk, it is merely a phase that's all!!!!!!!:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
410 Posts
:nono: Rick112-- DO NOT GIVE UP ON THIS CAR !!! It is well worth the wait. At best you may have 40 days and 40 nights before you set in a beautiful SATURN SKY. It could be on the truck or train as we speak. My dealer told me the first of April or the middle of April. What happens on March 15th, I get a call that it in the back of the dealership:eek: I did not have all of my money together and had to scramble the cash quickly. What I'm saying is if the time frame has you upset, things do change sometimes for the better:D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Rick!!!!.. dont u make me come up there!!!!!!..... listen... i am the MOST impatient person on earth.... yea.. that is what brian says too.... but... i did it.. YOU CAN TO... HANG IN THERE BUDDY!!! SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
540 Posts
rick112 said:

I say buy the boat :thumbs: but dont cancel the Sky - just get both. Just get a cheaper boat. Better yet just go rent you a boat to entertain yourself while you wait for the car. Heck, I have two boats. Come on over to the hills of Arkansas and you can use one of ours.

PS - wanna talk about a money pit. Boats are a money pit. winterize, de-winterize, 1200.00 per year stall fee, special oil, 3.00 per gallon gas at the marina.............. Sheesh, maybe I need to sell you my boats!!!! I have a gorgeous Harris barge and a killer MasterCraft wakeboard boat. Are you interested ????

·
Registered
453 Posts
rick112 said:

Rick, hang in there!! I have the Chili pepper red and I gotta tell you, what a rush!! It is well worth the wait, I thought it would never show up, and when it did, all I could say is thank God I waited for this car. The stares and :thumbs: alone will make your day. It's only time, you are too close to quit now. Good luck!! T

·
Registered
388 Posts
Patience Grasshopper. Hang in there! I'm in the same boat. I have had a deposit since Mar. 22 (#4 on the list) and still no order #. At least you have a TPW. Don't give up. Let's stick together. You'll be so glad you waited in the end.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hang in there Rick !!! it well happen...........

·
Registered
128 Posts
Don't give up

I too felt the way that you do and was about to cash in when my SKY came in, I waited 8 months from order to drive out, hang in there yours will come when you least expect it.:cheers:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Rick,

Don't give up on your dream car! It is a LONG wait we have all experienced and were at the end several times and ready to give up, but don't do it or you may regret it later! I say get yourself a cheap boat right now to get your mind off of it while you wait and in no time you will hear from the dealer that they got the invoice and you can sell the boat! If not a boat, then a bike or something to take your mind off the wait, but don't give up!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Just look at all the support Rick!

A ton of members, many of which are long term and dedicated supporters of this site and your contribution to it are on your side.

We want to see you get your Sky and we would be disappointed if you didn't!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Be glad you got knocked into the post July plant shutdown cars, you'll get the newer revisions the older cars aren't getting.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts