Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We decided to go to the S.F. show yesterday (before USMC posted it was Silver-pearl). We did a total of 700 miles round trip, left at 8am, got home at 10:30pm. The silver pearl SKY was there in all it's beauty. It had black-red leather interior. The red though is more of a maroon but shows up more reddish probably due to the cameras flash. It's not as gaudy as the photos show but still not to our taste (it would look nicer IMHO with black dash). Curious to see two tone tan. We were excited as all get out to see another color besides the red one we saw previously. Actually, my wife said she still prefers the red one. We circled the sky so many times we had to sit down many times to rest. The display had the metal bar barrier as in all the other photos, so no sitting in the car. The solstice was there (two actually) and one was available to open the hood and doors and to sit in them (which we did numerous times). NOW FOR THE BUMMER PART. I am 6'2" and it was hard for me to get in and out of the car. It had OK room, but if I were driving or a passenger, I don't think I could sit in the car for more than 45 min. without having to stop the car and get out to stretch. I could not cross my legs, or fold them up as a passenger for more comfort as you would as a passenger to change positions. Even though we were sitting in the Solstice, the leg room would be identical to the Sky. Begrudgingly, we both agreed that as a couple that would be unacceptable for us as we do drive alot together. For a shorter person (probable 6' or under) it would be fine. Folks I am totally bummed. I wanted to get this car for my wife and we both love everything about this car (everything), but for us as a traveling couple could not live with the lack of leg room (for me). My knees had about 1" of clearance from the glove box when I didn't have them planted on the floor.
Thanks USMC for trying. I am so upset right now I don't know if I will be back on this forum. For once in my life I wish I were shorter G.D'it!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I truly hope I don't have the same problem as you. I'm just under 6'2"....

As a side note, when I did a search on the forums, I remember seeing a post that said there will be no red dash, the black and red (as well as the black and tan) will both have a black dash. If you search, you might find it.

Who knows though, perhaps you can adjust the seats a little more to get another inch or two in there for you. I hope I don't have that problem....

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
That is truly a sad story.... What a bummer. And after reading your post to my husband he said to make sure that you know about all of the seat adjustments. I don't know if a little bit of extra room will suffice, but, depending on how bad you want the car or will enjoy the drive, will determine your will to get the SKY.

For all intensive purposes, it was wise to make the drive and find out now. If you don't end up getting the SKY (and if you do decide to come back to the forum and read my post), what car would be your next choice?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I hear ya If I can't get it asap either I'M GETTING THE AUDI TT and I don't care how much it cost because I'm worth it hee hee hee I have been saving money to get boobs I will just use my boob money hee hee hee hee :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
azote said:
if i can't get my sky asap..... uhm...
I'll be getting is the EoS

I know is not much of the same car type but .... is a hardtop convertible that i can afford and like.

What about the Pontiac G6 convertible. It will also be a hardtop convertible, arriving about the same time as the sky.

Also, when I was at The Auto Show in Motion a few weeks ago, the Saturn rep there said that Saturn was planning on doing some first run production Sky's in Dec to have them for people to sit in at hte 2006 auto shows. I am at 6 ft and I am hope the sky's interior is a little bigger.

·
Registered
438 Posts
PammySky said:
I hear ya If I can't get it asap either I'M GETTING THE AUDI TT and I don't care how much it cost because I'm worth it hee hee hee I have been saving money to get boobs I will just use my boob money hee hee hee hee :D

:D What size engine does the boobs come with? (c's or D's):willy:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
azote said:
if i can't get my sky asap..... uhm...
I'll be getting is the EoS

I know is not much of the same car type but .... is a hardtop convertible that i can afford and like.
I'm thinking about the Eos 4 years from now to replace the Sky. By then I should want the extra space and the hard top. I also want to wait and see how they hold up over time- everyone I know with a late model VW has had more problems than I'd care to deal with, particularly electrical. If there's one thing I don't want to experience with a hardtop convertible, it would be an electrical problem involving the roof.

·
Registered
274 Posts
reedred said:
I'm thinking about the Eos 4 years from now to replace the Sky. By then I should want the extra space and the hard top. I also want to wait and see how they hold up over time- everyone I know with a late model VW has had more problems than I'd care to deal with, particularly electrical. If there's one thing I don't want to experience with a hardtop convertible, it would be an electrical problem involving the roof.
you have a point there .... I was thinking the same way ... but all this non sense of waiting for a long time ...even after is launched is making me think wrong.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts