Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for anyone in or near California looking for something to do this weekend, the West Coast Kappa Car Club is having a joint run with our San Diego brethren in Solvang. Our agenda and details are in the blog post below.

If you're interested in going, there should still be a cottage or two available at Solvang Inn, as well as accommodations elsewhere in the area. Just visit the event page linked in our blog post, mark yourself "going," and look at the polls for food and housing (or answer the contact form on the blog post). We welcome guests from outside the area, as well as non-members in the area.

https://westcoastkappacar.club/2019/05/13/last-minute-special-california-kappas-come-together-this-weekend-in-solvang/

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully next time we’ll have more advance publicity... and most likely a few of us will come down for Palm Springs this fall.

I’ll try to either keep the events updated here or get one of my new board members to do so, or both. We’re doing a weekend run to Mendocino in July most likely, for example.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would have loved to go on this trip but have had another trip planned for many months.

Love the Solvang/Buellton area. Been there numerous times. If anyone needs recommendations for wineries or restaurants just ask!

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
We had planned on going to this, actually have been working the last week on the car to get it ready to go, but it is supposed to rain all weekend, in Solvang and in our area. So, I think we will officially cancel tomorrow if the weather does not change. Really sorry about missing this, but a lot of money to go drive in the rain, and I don't drive my car in the rain. Could take the green one, but don't want to drive a stick that far. Hoping the weather forecast changes for the weekend. But with the regular rain on weekends here lately I highly doubt it.

We will be doing the Palm Springs run in October. The main road we drive up to Idyllwild is still closed and not expected to be open until early September.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
skersfan,

I sent a PM too since the site is acting weird for me... we hope you don't have to back out, but understand if you do.

The forecasts Jena and I have been watching all week (she doesn't want her car to get wet either) are saying cloudy Friday, mostly sunny Saturday, and chance of scattered thunderstorms Sunday. So we hope it stays that way or gets better on Sunday... as long as Saturday is dry after the dew burns off in the morning, we should be good.

Hopefully we won't lose too many drivers...we're getting close to the reservation minimum for at least one of the restaurants and we may have to pass an oil pan at dinner if we get too low.

Anyone who's on the list at https://www.facebook.com/events/265294974128158/permalink/343081076349547/ but is no longer going, or anyone who is going but isn't on the list yet, please drop me a note at [email protected] or fill out the form on the blog post at the top of this topic so we can plan (and find a clean oilpan if needed).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Join us in Solvang!

Hi Kappa Friends - I'm watching the weather in Solvang like a hawk, and it's clear 65-69 degrees Friday and Saturday until Saturday night. It'll rain Saturday night while we're in our hotel, and clear up by drive away time at 10am! It's perfect. I wish it was 75 and sunny, but I don't wanna miss out on this long-time planned event with lots of great Kappa drivers coming in from all over California. We have an awesome run planned for Saturday and the it should be a great time! Don't miss out! - Jena Haux (WCKCC):smile:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Very sorry Robert, but we did cancel last night. It is supposed to rain here Friday and Sunday, it is raining now actually. Hopefully next year. Will look forward to seeing you again at our run in October. That is if they get the road open. I think we are looking at mid October now for our event. Have fun and stay dry.

·
Super Moderator
11,186 Posts
Hi Kappa Friends - I'm watching the weather in Solvang like a hawk, and it's clear 65-69 degrees Friday and Saturday until Saturday night. It'll rain Saturday night while we're in our hotel, and clear up by drive away time at 10am! It's perfect. I wish it was 75 and sunny, but I don't wanna miss out on this long-time planned event with lots of great Kappa drivers coming in from all over California. We have an awesome run planned for Saturday and the it should be a great time! Don't miss out! - Jena Haux (WCKCC):smile:
Wish I could be there but car is down at the moment. I expect a lot of pictures. :D LOL

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 11 of 11 Posts