Saturn Sky Forum banner

Western Deliveries

3K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  SkyRaider 
#1 ·
Have we any deliveries in the Western States, other than Texas. Not bad mouthing you guys in Texas but I live in Washington State and just wondering if any Skys have made it to the big blue Pacific yet. I'm #4 with my dealer in Washington and he still hasn't got his demo yet. Reading about all the Skys delivered in the East it sure makes us guys (and ladies) here in the far west wondering when we will get our Sky's.
Peeksdad
#4 and waiting

#2 ·
There are a few in California. I have test driven one and know that there are at least 2 in Los Angeles (as demos only).

Somewhere, somehow, someone or some committee at GM changed up their story as to who/which dealers will be getting how many and when. I don't believe that the East Coast was originally going to get their cars first, just because they are manufactured in DE.

That's all I know anyway.

#3 ·
I'm in So. Cal. (Inland Empire) and our dealer got 1 demo at the end of March. They just started to take deposits March 22. We are #5 on the list. I was thinking the same question- what is taking so long for the west coast to get our cars. I feel so behind hearing people have been waiting 10 months on the lists. Our dealer is very slow, yet we were told they had the highest allocations in the area. :banghead:

#4 ·
moni6 said:
I'm in So. Cal. (Inland Empire) and our dealer got 1 demo at the end of March. They just started to take deposits March 22. We are #5 on the list. I was thinking the same question- what is taking so long for the west coast to get our cars. I feel so behind hearing people have been waiting 10 months on the lists. Our dealer is very slow, yet we were told they had the highest allocations in the area. :banghead:
Slow? Slow isn't the word for it..I got the best information from the Receptionist at my Dealer today..She said the Demo was due last week and they cleared the display area over the weekend to accommodate it..The salesperson didn't even know that! They must be under tow from a Stagecoach and taking backroads to get here. The '49ers made it around the Cape faster than this. Heck, they would have been staking claims by now. I is almost unreal, the Snails pace that is unfolding.

#5 ·
They are really slow getting here. Saturn of Santa Rosa got their demo on the 27th. It was shipped on the 10th so took 17 days. Saturn of Fairfield, CA got theirs on Monday. It was shipped on the 14th so took 20 days. Mine was shipped on the 20th so this is day 16 and it is not here yet. They come by sssllllooooodwwww train and then wait for a truck. I guess they take longer because of the distance and manner of shipping. :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

#6 ·
MOMDRAE said:
They are really slow getting here. Saturn of Santa Rosa got their demo on the 27th. It was shipped on the 10th so took 17 days. Saturn of Fairfield, CA got theirs on Monday. It was shipped on the 14th so took 20 days. Mine was shipped on the 20th so this is day 16 and it is not here yet. They come by sssllllooooodwwww train and then wait for a truck. I guess they take longer because of the distance and manner of shipping. :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:
My car was shipped on March 22. Expecting it any day now. Soon I hope!:willy:

#7 ·
I live in Vancovuer and am #11 here at the local dealer. I was told that I could expect to receive a phone call in June or July. The last time I was at the dealer was the first of March and they had only had two (2) orders confirmed. I have seen the Pontiac Soltice on the street, so I continue to salivate. However I must admit the wait is getting to me. In conversation with the dealership, they know less than I do. I get all my updates on this site.
BlackSky

#8 ·
We got one in last week at the dealer's it was there for all of 4 hrs til the owners picked it up. So far this is the only one I have heard of in Boise Idaho.

#9 ·
Several dealers in the Portland OR area have got their first ones tuesday. I went and saw a graphite one in Beaverton today. It was already sold on a first come first serve basis, no lists.

#14 ·
Saturn of Beaverton OR

dairy4sky said:
Several dealers in the Portland OR area have got their first ones tuesday. I went and saw a graphite one in Beaverton today. It was already sold on a first come first serve basis, no lists.
Sorry, I was the guy who purchased the silver Sky (the floor model). I was able to do this because we have purchased 6 cars there and I had to allow them to keep it on the floor until the next shipment comes in. Vin#100542.

Chris

#15 · (Edited)
peeksdad said:
Have we any deliveries in the Western States, other than Texas. Not bad mouthing you guys in Texas but I live in Washington State and just wondering if any Skys have made it to the big blue Pacific yet. I'm #4 with my dealer in Washington and he still hasn't got his demo yet. Reading about all the Skys delivered in the East it sure makes us guys (and ladies) here in the far west wondering when we will get our Sky's.
Peeksdad
#4 and waiting
Keep the faith Peeksdad --

Saturn of Anchorage got word their showroom demo shipped two weeks ago. It should arrive within two weeks. They only got two allocations so far, one for the black demo coming in............and the one I ordered on March 11th. The dealer guestimates my car to get here some time in May. So I'd suspect Washington state to be on the same delivery scheme as Alaska. Logic dictates that Skys would start showing up in Washington first before they get to Alaska.......but you never know............Sky delivery patterns seem to be defying logic.....:cool:

#17 ·
SkyRaider said:
Keep the faith Peeksdad --

Saturn of Anchorage got word their showroom demo shipped two weeks ago. It should arrive within two weeks. They only got two allocations so far, one for the black demo coming in............and the one I ordered on March 11th. The dealer guestimates my car to get here some time in May. So I'd suspect Washington state to be on the same delivery scheme as Alaska. Logic dictates that Skys would start showing up in Washington first before they get to Alaska.......but you never know............Sky delivery patterns seem to be defying logic.....:cool:
I found the Vin for the first Anchorage Sky VIN: 1G8MB35B77Y100349
seems like the only one so far. No logic whatsoever. Some smaller dealerships in LA have 6-7 vins allocated already while most large dealerships have 1 (if that).

#18 ·
peeksdad, sky's are here

peeksdad said:
Peeksdad
#4 and waiting
The puyallup Saturn Dealership has a red sky on their lot right now. I saw it saturday(4/8/06);it looks better in person than on the computer:)

#19 ·
This is great news, been waiting a long time. Looks like need to go set up appointment with my dealer to see the car.:cheers:

#20 ·
We've received 2 so far here in Loma Linda, sold one and the other is demo to order from. I had been told there was a shortage of truck drivers to deliver the cars (all of them, not just SKYs) and we did have a very difficult time getting regular inventory over the last 2-3 months. They actually drove the SKY here from the railyard because there was not a truck available at that time. (Gosh, I wonder what poor fellow got strapped with THAT tough job, LOL!)

I'd rather get them here right, than right now.

#21 · (Edited)
eldeeko said:
I found the Vin for the first Anchorage Sky VIN: 1G8MB35B77Y100349
seems like the only one so far. No logic whatsoever. Some smaller dealerships in LA have 6-7 vins allocated already while most large dealerships have 1 (if that).
Yep, I saw that VIN too. It belongs to the Black demo the dealer is expecting in by the end of the month (April).........next VIN to post is mine.............YEAAAAAAAH..:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.