Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Paint?
I am looking to buy Sunburst Yellow, but I also am toying with dressing that up a bit...
Pinstripes??
Flames (the non-fuctional vent is a natural)

Any ideas??

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
richmcc said:
I was thinking two thick Racing Stripes from Front to Back metallic Silver Graphite in color on my BlueStone Sky
Never used to like those when I was younger (horse drawn days) but on sport cars they are beginning to catch my eye....

With a yellow car though the orange/red flames on the side kinda give me a kick.... :cheers:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Richmmc I'm still green over here. Not only did you see a Sky, not only did you sit in a Sky, but you got a pic of you in it. And to make it worse you even got to meet Anglequte1. :rolleyes: How tall are you? You look about my size in other ways. Trying to be polite. How was the fit? I sat in a Solstice last month and it seemed comfortable. I liked it. I just can't wait to see the Sky live and in person. I may have to go to the Detroit autoshow to see it there.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I was thinking of putting red LED lights recessed into the fake side vents that will glow when the lights are on, or when you put the brakes or turn signals on...
Also removing the fake top grill and chrome bar, replacing with a new mesh grill and have a 93 Saturn emblem in the middle and then make a cold air intake for the engine to pull the air from that opening

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
How about a center exhaust! I would love a nicely shaped outlet fitted to the reverse light location, kinda like a Boxster. In my youth, I would have dropped the muffler and sent the exhaust straight out (did this on one of my Alfa GTs) unmuffled, but can't bring myself to that now (oh how many people I must have woken up). Need to redo the rear valence panel to smooth out the current outlet location.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I was thinking of putting red LED lights recessed into the fake side vents that will glow when the lights are on, or when you put the brakes or turn signals on...
I was thinking about this too- maybe I'll just have to wait and see pics of how yours comes out! I would want mine on their own switch- independent of anything else. I don't need the extra attention when I'm driving like a jacka$$.

Whether I do that or not, I'm going to have some black mesh put in the fake side vents so they at least look usable like the ones on the hood. Really, I think Saturn should be doing that for us anyway- on the lighter colored cars they'll just look tacky.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
reedred said:
I was thinking about this too- maybe I'll just have to wait and see pics of how yours comes out! I would want mine on their own switch- independent of anything else. I don't need the extra attention when I'm driving like a jacka$$.

Whether I do that or not, I'm going to have some black mesh put in the fake side vents so they at least look usable like the ones on the hood. Really, I think Saturn should be doing that for us anyway- on the lighter colored cars they'll just look tacky.
I will probably just paint the recesses black to disguise them...or use blackout tape...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
rick112 said:
Richmmc I'm still green over here. Not only did you see a Sky, not only did you sit in a Sky, but you got a pic of you in it. And to make it worse you even got to meet Anglequte1. :rolleyes: How tall are you? You look about my size in other ways. Trying to be polite. How was the fit? I sat in a Solstice last month and it seemed comfortable. I liked it. I just can't wait to see the Sky live and in person. I may have to go to the Detroit autoshow to see it there.
I am around 5'7" - 5'8" , you can get my weight on the Weight Game forum.

The car fit very nicely, thank you!:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts