Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the Saturn Performance Club. After 9 years of trying to convince people that a Saturn has performance potential, Saturn finally releases cars that people know can perform.

Who are we?

We are a cordial group of Saturn owners and enthusiasts who have a desire to explore the possibilities of our automobiles. Our membership stretches across the United States and Canada and we strive to host friendly events that bring our members together to share in the fun and excitement that come with owning a Saturn. Our club encourages our members to participate in local activities -- whether it be road racing, autocrossing, drag racing, or car shows -- and to be good representatives of the Saturn platform. While our members' cars range from bone stock to completely race-ready vehicles, the satisfaction and joy of ownership is the common thread that unites us.

The highlight of the year is our annual summer rally, which is usually a week-long celebration of all things Saturn. We drag race, dyno test, host a driver's school on a real road course, hold a car show, and wrap it all up with an awards banquet. We feel it is the best time we can legally have with a Saturn, and members attend from across the U.S. and Canada.

Our Mission Satement:

* To be open to ALL persons interested in the Saturn product, regardless of current vehicle, level of modifications, or other club affiliations.
* To strongly encourage the pursuit of higher performance from Saturn automobiles through both driver improvement and performance modifications.
* To act as a definitive source of technical information for Saturn owners as well as Saturn Corporation and its retailers.
* To showcase the competitive achievements of our members and their Saturns.
* To help the Saturn aftermarket grow by enthusiastically supporting those who support us.
* To organize cordial events in which members can display or develop their driving skills and their cars.
* And, most importantly, to HAVE FUN!

You can find us on the Web at http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com/

Our 9th Annual Summer Rally will be Aug. 2-5 in & around Joliet, IL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
KevinSC1 said:
Greetings from the Saturn Performance Club. After 9 years of trying to convince people that a Saturn has performance potential, Saturn finally releases cars that people know can perform.

Apparently you missed the memo...... check out the Saturn ION redline, started in MY 2004.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Freakazoid said:
Apparently you missed the memo...... check out the Saturn ION redline, started in MY 2004.....
Yeah, but did you read the reviews? WE know it was a screamer (and did come out nearly 9 years after the SPC was founded...) But the magazines kept bashing it. The Sky is the 1st Saturn to come out with near universal praise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
KevinSC1 said:
Yeah, but did you read the reviews? WE know it was a screamer (and did come out nearly 9 years after the SPC was founded...) But the magazines kept bashing it. The Sky is the 1st Saturn to come out with near universal praise.

true true, but give it time, are there any actual reviews (not previews) out yet? wouldn't be surprised to see the bashing on the american car happen again :-/


hell i thinkt hey did with the solstice now that i think about it...... overlal said the miata was better but the solstice looks better
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Freakazoid said:
Apparently you missed the memo...... check out the Saturn ION redline, started in MY 2004.....
The IRL might exist, but the rest of the world really doesn't look at it as being a performance vehicle since most people don't know it really exists. It defintely doesn't get the racing $$$ thrown at it like the Cobalt SS does by GM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
brentil said:
The IRL might exist, but the rest of the world really doesn't look at it as being a performance vehicle since most people don't know it really exists. It defintely doesn't get the racing $$$ thrown at it like the Cobalt SS does by GM.

true true, and every IRL hates GM for that reason ;). nonetheless it really should be acknowledged by any saturn performance company! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,677 Posts
I'm not sure why, but for some reason I recall Saturn saying they really aren't into supporting racing. Maybe I misheard that, but it makes sense and seems consisten with what they have (or haven't) done - they don't really promote the IRL, and the Z0K option is not available on the SKY.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
KappaMan said:
I'm not sure why, but for some reason I recall Saturn saying they really aren't into supporting racing. Maybe I misheard that, but it makes sense and seems consisten with what they have (or haven't) done - they don't really promote the IRL, and the Z0K option is not available on the SKY.
z0k?? waz that
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
Freakazoid said:
z0k?? waz that
Z0K is the option pack you order on a Solstice to get the Solstice Club Sport edition. ABS+LSD+FE3 and that's it. FE3 is an upgraded sport suspension installed stock on the car from the factory (not to be confused with the upgraded dealer isntalled sport suspension package you order seperately). This gives you a track ready Solstice in essence with SCCA SSB Club Racing and C-Stock SOLO legal suspension upgrades. GM seems to be very active in ensuring the Solstice will be a succesful SSB race car. As mentioned though we've seen zero effort so far towards bringing the Sky into the same racing lime light as the Solstice. Not offering the Z0K option greatly hurts the Sky's ability to become a real performer in SSB or C-Stock. AC being stock only also hurts as well since pretty much any major SSB racer is going to want the car without it stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KappaMan said:
I'm not sure why, but for some reason I recall Saturn saying they really aren't into supporting racing. .
Way back in the day, Saturn had a factory backed team in Speedvision World Challenge. Even won the T2 class in '96 or '97.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top