Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Phone message from my Saturn Sales Rep....:willy:
I'll spare the details, but, I was bumped from #9 to #4!!! :cool: Automatics and Chrome wheels being a sticking point.
He told me if I gave up the wheels he'd order the car (actually the GM is handling the actual Imaging order) tonight and forward an order number and details later....:willy:
I have been looking at the painted wheels and with the Yellow car, the silver windshield and back of the seat trim would then match the wheels -- I like it -- so I went with it... And saved $750.00!:cheers: :lol: :cheers:

Sunni Has been ordered!! :drool: :driving:

·
Registered
198 Posts
How exciting!!! Congrats! :cheers:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Sunni Has been ordered!!
Way to go!:willy: I was really afraid you were going to have to wait until the fall and miss the summer sun!:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SUNNI DAYS AHEAD... YEAH....... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Congrats To You Old Buddy, Now The Fun Really Begins!!!!!! You Deserve It, Welcome To The Having It In The System, Waiting Club!!
It Is Really Not That Bad, Kinda Fun Actually, In A Twisted Sort Of Way:lol: :lol: :willy: :willy: :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Congrats Rick! :cheers: Now if I could only get a call just like that! :willy:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got the regular wheels and I think they look pretty good. (just not super shiny and eaiser to clean). Congrats! It will be here before you know it!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Rick,

Congratz from one future yellow SKY owner to another. I just made it under the wire on the chrome rims but I like the painted alloy just fine. I think either way the car looks sharp. I've never owned chrome rims and thought I'd try it. If I had the same restriction, I would have passed on them also and would have done the same thing as you.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Hey it looks great no matter what the shoes are!!!!

Great News, you will love your SUNNYSKY even with different shoes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
You can always treat yourself to new rims in the future. I've seen some nice ones on the Solstice.

·
Registered
18,475 Posts
So Sorry Rick

Rick...reconsider...please...I am telling u. Don't compromise. The chrome wheels u really want...it does bring out every color...if u can hold out, do it. Just ask any of us that have seen the chrome....don't do it. PERSERVERE. We have for over a year....a little longer...but if u cannot...I feel sorry....but best of luck...I know u will be happy. You would be happier though with the chrome....sorry if I don't agree with the other members. No I am not sorry. The chrome wheels look more attractive on this car.

MarlboroMike.

·
Registered
262 Posts
marlboromike said:
Rick...reconsider...please...I am telling u. Don't compromise. The chrome wheels u really want...it does bring out every color...if u can hold out, do it. Just ask any of us that have seen the chrome....don't do it. PERSERVERE. We have for over a year....a little longer...but if u cannot...I feel sorry....but best of luck...I know u will be happy. You would be happier though with the chrome....sorry if I don't agree with the other members. No I am not sorry. The chrome wheels look more attractive on this car.
MarlboroMike.
Come on, it's just the wheels. You can't see them when you are driving it from the inside of the car. I've heard several folks talk about getting the painted wheels to save money so they can go out and buy after market anyway. The aftermarket might look better than the chrome ones we are getting now, and it would be more personalized.

You're not talking about something that can't be fixed later, or cost big bucks to fix, like the color of the car or what transmission you have in it.
Rick, get the thing.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Go for it Rick you can always get chrome down the road. I like the painted wheels.:thumbs: Congrats

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a shot of a yellow SKY on my desktop wallpaper. It has the painted rims. I have to tell you I was thinking of changing BEFORE the call. The paint matches the Windshield trim and the back of the seat edging. I kind of started to really like that. So changing was not hard at all.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Saving $750 on wheels also means that's $750 you could spend on after market wheels if you so desire as well. I have the painted on my Sol though and I love them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts