Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading this forum for quite some time now and there is obviously no rhyme or reason to the timing of any Skys being received - even by region/state... Gads I wish there was!

I at least got to "taste mine" - imagine the teaser I had when I got a call from my saleslady that their Demo had arrived for test drives - went to the Dealership and it was THE EXACT car I had put a deposit/order down for! Have bought three cars from her before so it felt sooooo good when she gave me the keys and we got to go for a ride on our own!! All she said was, "Don't forget to bring it back!" LOL Poor guy before me had to leave his wife on the bench while the salesman he was working with went for his 10 minute drive with him. I felt bad for him - not so bad that I didn't hit I-75 and pour on the coals!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A RIDE FOLKS! I enjoyed a good 30 minutes of freedom with it before I returned it to the dealership! :cool:

ah well, now I sit and wait with everyone else...no rhyme or reason for time....When I did the test drive, three weeks ago, she told me "look for about 6 more weeks....MAYBE..." that maybe hurts...I'm trying not to hold my breath!! :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Join the club, welcome :grouphug:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Test drive

I too am in the Metro Area and read what you have had to say and figure I have gone to the wrong dealer, but now I feel stuck as this car has sold out. I was out working out of the office and just stopped in my dealer: I know images come in, if at all, on Tues and Wednesday. No one had called as promised to tell me yes or no about moving up, and they know we are all waiting and excited. Anyway, they were letting people drive too but no one had called me. I have had a deposit down for more than a month and no image yet. I was waiting to testdrive, or even just sit in it and listen to the car run, and another salesman took the keys and was gone 30 minutes. I had to leave, rarely get time during the day, so I am not sure when I will get a chance to drive again soon. He came back just as I had to leave. I was a little burned about it to say the least. It just seems that every time I turn around, something happens to dampen my spirits about this car, and there is no need for it. Sometimes the manager acts as if I am more than a pain than a customer and I am not even dealing with him. I like my saleslady, have a loan approved pending the car's arrival for much more than MSRP, had decided to upgrade to the max, but...now...and won't forget the way he has acted as if "who cares about service, this is a hot car, and you are at our mercy." I really want this car, but I am completely aggravated by the lack of information and the fact that I have to call and pull any news bad or good out of people. Jim Ellis will sure let me drive the Porsche (and sell me one my second choice was a Boxter, but hey, I like the looks of the Sky for half the price). and at his shop I pity the salesman who jumps in front of a customer for a test drive. You listen to how Honda has posted record profits and GM is tanking and it isn't the fault of the people at the factory based on my experience. I am a positive person and I have been pleasant and polite and feel punished for it. That seems so "No-service customer service".

·
Registered
314 Posts
skywulf said:
... figure I have gone to the wrong dealer, but now I feel stuck as this car has sold out. I am a positive person and I have been pleasant and polite and feel punished for it. That seems so "No-service customer service".
Don't give-up or give-in without talking to the dealership's GM or owner first. Need to synchronize your expectations with their reality to determine where you actually stand. It may be that your dealership simply hasn't figured out yet how to best deal with this hot car. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Yeah, I apologize for whining. I don't normally do that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not Whining!

You are NOT whining!!

Don't give up and do yourself a favor - go in off and on! I lucked on on Friday - someone ordered theirs in and come to find out couldn't afford it and had to turn it back to them. Low and behold they quietly opened up a quiet bid (not advertised no calling anyone that had orders out or any such thing) If you stumbled on this, you lucked out - turns out only a small number of folks knew about this and my bid was right at MSRP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't spend stupid on this car - I refuse to!

Hang in there skywulf and if you want to know which dealer I'm going to and which Saleswoman I'm using, send me an email through the system and I will be happy to let you know! :)

Fireball

1 - 6 of 6 Posts