Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I picked up my Silver Pearl w/ black interior last night after work. I never ate dinner and just didn't care. I put about 100 miles on her just driving around and showing the people who waited patiently with me while my answer to "hear anything on the car" was answered with "I don't want to talk about it"

My everyday car is a 2000 Camaro. I thought it was a blast to drive (and it is) but this is just great! I have people (mostly guys) pulling into the other lane and slowing down to watch us pass. (THAT hasn't happened since my 30's :lol: grin

Now, if we can just get the heat index down out of the triple digits, I'm sure I'll look much better in this thing if I'm not sweating :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
KallieKY said:
Now, if we can just get the heat index down out of the triple digits, I'm sure I'll look much better in this thing if I'm not sweating :cool:
Congratulations :cheers:
and remember...turn the Air Conditioner on HIGH and aim the vents towards you and you won't Perspire as much. :D
And finally, Enjoy the ride and
Post some Pics Please :thumbs:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Who can think about food at a time like that!!!! Ride... ride... ride... you can eat later when the rush settles down to a permanent grin!!! :thumbs: :cheers: :thumbs:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Still Waiting

I am envious. I am still anxiously waiting for my Silver Pearl baby to show up here in Alabama. Have a great time driving her around.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll play with the camera and see about posting some pics (can't say that I really know how to do that)

Oh course, I'll have to park it to take pictures and I'm just not sure I can do that right now :D

WOW, I have to quit smiling ... the boss is going to know I'm not typing "work things".

·
Registered
255 Posts
KallieKY said:
I'll play with the camera and see about posting some pics (can't say that I really know how to do that)

Oh course, I'll have to park it to take pictures and I'm just not sure I can do that right now :D

WOW, I have to quit smiling ... the boss is going to know I'm not typing "work things".
Congratulations Kalliie........

I know what you mean about no time to take pictures. It took me a week just to stop driving long enough to take a few snapshots. ENJOY !!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
KallieKY said:
You mean you have to work the day after you get your SKY???
Isn't that supposed to be a national holiday or something? :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Congrats on your new baby! I picked up my baby 2 wks ago I love it well worth the wait. Enjoy!:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Ain't it fun?:cheers:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congratulations!

The first couple of days with our Sky was way too much fun!

I went back to the dealer, handed him the keys and said the car just wasn't working out - he looked way puzzled - I told him I hadn't been to work in three days and all we've had to eat was drive thru fast food!

Enjoy and :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats Kallie!
Yesterday, I arranged to order a SKY Redline with Brad at Saturn of Michiana. He told me had a silver/black SKY to deliver that evening and for me to come in afterwards, about 7pm or so. So that silver/black SKY must have been for you! Your enthusiasm, and that of the the forum, will hold me over 'till mine gets here. Congrats again!!

Mark in INdiana

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mark,

It is worth the wait. Brad is a good guy. Yep, that was ME :D
Still grinning when I'm driving ... people will start to talk.
What did they say your wait time would be?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
News flash!

My husband (who, I'm convinced, was trying not to like this little car too much) said something about maybe getting one for himself!! The force is strong with this one.

Now ... hopefully someone will organize a SW Michigan drive again (hint hint)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congrats...your enthusiasm really does make the wait a little more bearable and fun.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
:willy: You lucky girl you! :cheers:

Envy will show on the faces of those that :drool: ... like me until I get that dealer call...

Happy trails! :driving:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Kallie-
I'm number 13 in line for ordering a SKY with the last 7 being all Redlines. Figuring 2 SKY allocations per week + the build and delivery time, we're guestimating a Feb or March delivery 2007 - maybe. And yes, Brad is a good guy! He treated us really well when we bought my wifes VUE from him in '04 and the experience will be just as good with the SKY I'm certain.
If you see a 6', middle age guy in glasses and a goofy beard waving at you in Michiana, don't call the cops, I'll probably just be me saying hello. Continue to enjoy the car. Suprise hubby by putting a SKY deposit down with Brad then telling hubby him he needs to see Brad about 'something'. That is what my wife did!

Mark in INdiana

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Sw0l3n4t0r said:
ride with top down and ac on? w00t
Absolutely! Americans are known throughout the world for wastefulness and squandering the earth's natural resources. I've been driving with the top down and A/C at full blast all week. I am a good American.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
You must always remember to reward those that patiently waited with you waiting for your SKY with a good hard look at the new Baby. Congrats and enjoy always! :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts