Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I obviously want to upgrade to HID and I was wondering if anyone knew the type of bulbs that are in the SKY. I know that some people have started to get thier SKY's so if someone wants to take a look in the owerners manual and enlighten us that would be great!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Why is a change to HID obvious? Since we don't know what kind nor how well lights on the Sky work yet, why even think about changing them until we do? And if you do convert them, the cheapest I have seen is about $500/light. I can think of a lot of other things to do with that much money.:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TexSon said:
Why is a change to HID obvious? Since we don't know what kind nor how well lights on the Sky work yet, why even think about changing them until we do? And if you do convert them, the cheapest I have seen is about $500/light. I can think of a lot of other things to do with that much money.:D
Well apaernty i know where to get good kits, I got mine for 250 with everything for my Camaro. I love the look of HID, plus I get a 10000K kit which makes a very nice blue hue. I want to oreder them so i will have them when my SKY comes. Just like I already have the Kappasheild, Air intake, lowering springs and I will be getting a flowmaster exhaust installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ruledawg said:
Well apaernty i know where to get good kits, I got mine for 250 with everything for my Camaro. I love the look of HID, plus I get a 10000K kit which makes a very nice blue hue. I want to oreder them so i will have them when my SKY comes. Just like I already have the Kappasheild, Air intake, lowering springs and I will be getting a flowmaster exhaust installed.
o awsome, would you mind letting me in on this deal as well?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are those lights from a good company? and are they durable? Whenever I see something cheap... I always wonder why?... haha

also whats the difference between "10000K Xenon HID Conversion Kit Crystal Blue All Types " and the "10000K H4 Bi-Xenon HID Conversion Kit Hi/LoCrystal Blue"?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JamesHKim87 said:
Are those lights from a good company? and are they durable? Whenever I see something cheap... I always wonder why?... haha
I have these exact bulbs in my camaro, they have worked perfecvtly for over a year now. They are great.

JamesHKim87 said:
whats the difference between "10000K Xenon HID Conversion Kit Crystal Blue All Types " and the "10000K H4 Bi-Xenon HID Conversion Kit Hi/LoCrystal Blue"?
The difference is that some cars have a high/low that comes through one connection. I don't belive that the sky is one of those.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wanted to thank NCBlue for this wonderfull infromation. Anyone looking to replace any of the bulbs with some after market HID should take a look at what she provided. Here is a list of the bulbs for the sky

highbeam:H9
lowbeam:H11
foglamp:H11
front parking/turn signal (in headlamp assembly):W5W-B50X2
Front parking/turn signal(below headlamp assembly):3757NAK
front & rear sidemarker lamp:194
license plate lamp:168
Back-up, stoplamp, taillamp, and turn signal:3157K

I have already ordered xenon HID's for the headlighs and fog lights. I also orderd chrome bulbs for the Front Parkng/Turn signal lights so I can elimaaite the egg yolk look.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Found this thread from a search.....:)

ruledawg,
I am looking for a light bulb to get rid of the egg yoke looking turnsignal bulb. Can you supply me with the brand and part number of the mirror bulbs you mentioned? Where did you order these from?
thanks

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
KappaSphere done me good. Check out this thread for lighting photos:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12697

This includes HID lights as well as chrome turn signal bulbs...

Also, I cleaned up some of the wiring. You can read about that here:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13279

Dates are a little more recent, too! People HAVE been working on this upgrade over the past year. KappaSphere offers a HID setup specific for the SKY, and I believe they are working to put together a bulb package like they set up for me.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Answers thats all

I think youare asking wht the bulb type is for the sky. It is a H11 same as the fog lights :jester:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Pics of HID

I think youare asking wht the bulb type is for the sky. It is a H11 same as the fog lights :jester:
Yes they are H11! You might want to check out Ebay for your HIDs. I got my entire system off of there for only $104.00 ( brand new). I also put yellow bulbs in my fog lights. Here are the pics!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts