Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering for all those who have already ordered, or been put on the list, what are you going to pay total? I have seen 2 Solstice's for sale for 30K already, and if the MSRP is 19K, forget it. If you preorder, do you get it for MSRP, so about 24K, or will they mark it up to 30? Because if it is going to go for 30, I'd say forget it because there's a lot of other cars I'd get for that price, that would be more reliable than a GM.

·
Registered
242 Posts
skyOwner2be said:
I was wondering for all those who have already ordered, or been put on the list, what are you going to pay total? I have seen 2 Solstice's for sale for 30K already, and if the MSRP is 19K, forget it. If you preorder, do you get it for MSRP, so about 24K, or will they mark it up to 30? Because if it is going to go for 30, I'd say forget it because there's a lot of other cars I'd get for that price, that would be more reliable than a GM.
Solstice owners pay extra for most of the features that the Sky has, standard...I've seen on the solstice forum that some people have paid 27K but will sell for 30k...trying to recoup their looses, I guess...Figure Tax and license.......I still don't see the Sky going up that high........even with the MSRP!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm not to worried about the price of the Sky. I went to the GM Canada site and was able to price the Solstice there. The price was in line with what I thought it would be with the options (all the options).

The cars price is also in line with the Miata (the compitition). It's a dangerous game to play with the price to much. Raise the price to much and they loose sales. Remember that this is a poor mans roadster. If they put the price to high, I would have to look at the other 2 seaters again.

It's a really nice design but it only has a 2.4L engine, a cloth roof, not a lot of storage and it's in it's first years production. Beauty is only skin deep. Eventually we will all be looking for substance from this car.

Sounds like it will deliver, but, only that first test drive will really tell. Hell I've never even seen one and yet... I put $500 down. Hmmmm.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not Over MSRP

If my Saturn dealership marks up the MSRP which I feel is contrary to Saturns' business plan, I will not buy the car. I will ask for the my deposit back, write Saturn and tell them why, and buy my second choice car.

One of the reasons I bought my Ion was the entire buying experience, their no haggle approach, nothing hidden, etc.

I don't think I can respond to this question any stronger. Let someone else overpay for the car. It's still just a car.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I agree. If they start screwing with the price I will go with something else.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I am willing to pay anything up to $32k for a SKY Redline.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
The $30k price on eBay is for cars priced at $25k MSRP with whatever over that people are getting them to sell for. In general if you actually buy the car from Pontiac you don't pay over MSRP unless you let a dealer swindle you. Which the only way a dealer will make you pay more is if you let them, don't be lazy and work it, get one for MSRP somewhere else.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I plan to pre-order, but if they want to jack up the price beyond MSRP when it's delievered, they can keep the damn thing. This exact thing happened to my uncle when he tried to order a PT Cruiser after they had been out for a year or two...they tried to get another 4 or 5K out of him after it was delievered and sitting on their lot. I wish I had been there when he told them to stick it :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I want it but not bad enough to mess with a jacked up MSRP. :brentil:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
My dealer wrote on my sales order "at MRSP-TBD." I would think that means they plan to honor it. I'll get screwed the old-fashioned way: on the trade-in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts