Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a neat picture, looks like the Opel GT concept. If this was designed before the Sky, then they definitly took some design cues from this thing!

Check out fog area with the chrome bars.

·
Registered
804 Posts
The Sky was styled after the Opel GT, not the Solstice. Gives the Sky more of the EU flair.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The inspiration for the Sky styling was the 2004 Vauxhaul (opel) VX Lighting. So in a sense, it was an Opel first. However, neither is really "first" in styling, since they were for all intents and purposes developled simultaneously (as basically the same car, one for the US market, one for the Euro market).

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
:agree:

Exactly. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
The yellow car in your post, skyguy85, is a photochop of a combination of things.

The original and first is the Solstice.

Then, the Vauxhall VX Lightning, later just called the Vauxhall VX with the second showcar built and shown at 2004 NAIAS (along with the Nomad, Curve, and "productionized" Solstice).

Then, the SKY was designed, using the VX as a basis, melding it to the Kappa platform - but with "future" Saturn & (unbeknownst to us semi-common) Opel features.

The Opel is the SKY RedLine with fascias to fit euro license plates and Opel 'lightning bolt' badges (called, in German, a "blitz") in place of the Saturn badges. I'm sure there are some other minor differences for Euro market, but that's my understanding.

I'm sure they intended to have an Opel following very closely after the SKY, so incorporating Opel features into the design of the SKY was very smart.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I REALLY think the next gen Sky, maybe 3 or 4 years from now, will be very very similar to the VX. The front end may be a little to much for the US but the rear is soooooo much the Skk, just a grown up one.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
skyguy85 said:
I REALLY think the next gen Sky, maybe 3 or 4 years from now, will be very very similar to the VX. The front end may be a little to much for the US but the rear is soooooo much the Skk, just a grown up one.

Ummm... maybe I wasn't clear. The VX is the "starting point" so to speak for the SKY.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
those tail lights are nice

·
Registered
18,032 Posts
someone had better make those tail lights...I love them...and did u notice the Corvette fill line...that would have made a nice addition...except they put on star antenna there....

MarlborMike

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
that is sweet as well!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all Sky lovers,

Am as you see from Germany and follow the forum and of course the sky since along time.

The designer as from Europe and comming mostly from Opel. The design start from our Speedster and came tothe Vx.......

On Sunday I could see the first Sky for Europe. Funny presentation! It was on the Classic motor Show with all the old Opel GT. The GT in Germany right now is not the 260 hp because they don´t have one. GM change only the outfit to the redline / GT. We now can order the GT since 3 weeks and it is absolutly your Red line Sky. As I could see there is "no changing" for the EU car. The facts we have allready is .

ESP
18" wheels
Air con
Electric mirrow, Windows
Leather will be optional
260 HP
Speed: 230 - 240 KmH
0 - 100 KmH in 5.6 sec

Colors are the same

Leather: Black / Red Black

Price in Germany will be 29900 Euro plus Leather.

We can´t order more right now.

I order mine and GRRRRR I have to wait nearly 1 year up from now.

HAVE A NICE SKY RIDE :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Glad to see the excitement is over the pond as well. Welcome to the waiting game.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts