Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to gauge what kind of car folks we have and just what Market did GM grab?

24, Male - Import guy that's come back home.

Me personaly, I grew up on my Mom (yes my mother) street racing her various G Bodies over the years. (SS Montes, Cutlasses and Grand Nationals) and just basicly tearing up the Streets of Cleveland, OH and Norwalk Raceway Park.

I had a G body or 2 as a kid, then I moved on to Mitsubishi (Eclipse), then Mazda (RX-7) for a short time and now I have a Nissan (240SX).

I'm looking forward to a Sky, I wanted to take my mid level Credit and build it up so I can get a house after this thing is paid off - I'm going the Redline Route.

What amazed me it that GM put out something like this - it looks GREAT and most of all it's RWD as well as Turbo Charged

I look forward to the aftermarket for these cars, I saw a kit for a solstice that made say "Damn!, I kinda want one now (a GXP) just so I can install THAT kit on it!" I can't wait to see what they do to the Sky.

P.S. When are those Opel Badges coming out? lol

·
Registered
607 Posts
44 - Female

Had an 86 Buick that was a lemon. Always imports after that - Nissan Pulsar, Toyota Camry, Audi A4, second Toyota Camry. Went to get new Audi & dealer tried to rip me on trade in value of Camry :nono: . Audi would have been my 5th car purchased from the same dealer - so I said :cuss: and promptly ordered the Sky R/L.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
56 - Male

Replaces no car is our 3rd car (a 1997 Saturn SC2 and a 2001 Tracker) It is my toy...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
This thread has already been done....Skip...:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
my old car

My old car was a Honda Del Sol CRX..nice ride
I'm getting a

Chili Pepper Red
19' TSW Kyalami chrome
LSD
Monsoon
Splash guards

:thumbs:
What is it with the Opel GT badges? do some americans want that on their SKY?
I got a couple of the silver opel badge (just the same size as the SKY bagde on the back of the car), because my dad works at a Opel dealership. Are they really hard to get?
The GT badge I don't have yet..but it is seperat from the Opel badge so it will show up soon I guess here in Europe :cool:

Still waiting for delivery..dealer says that santa will bring it to me :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
31 yr old male.
Currently have a 04 Grand Prix, before that a 93 Grand Am and before that an 84 Mustang.
When my wife won a million dollars last October, we decided to get a summer car for 07. So, we went a few weeks ago to put a deposit on the Redline. Then the lease for the Grand Prix ends next summer, in which case we'll probably get a new Envoy (Still undecided on that.) :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
I replaced a Ford Explorer Sport Trac... but my wife has a RAV4 so we dont need 2 SUVs. I have previously owned a MR2 Spyder, and a Triumph Spitfire Mk1, so 2 seat roadster is not entirely new to me.

·
Registered
243 Posts
56 - male

Traded-in a 2004 Tahoe LT on my Sky. Just a "little" :D less room, but what a view I now have of the undercarriages of all those 18-wheelers!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
366 Posts
25 - male

I had a 3 series BMW as well as the Dodge Durango I currently own. Sold that a few years back for the down payment on my house. Now the SKY will be "replacing" the 3 series, just a few years delayed :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
56 11/12 yrs

Serenity was bought without trade-in, Mayhem will be same, Pay off Serenity when Mayhem arrives, AURA got our trade in's, '02 SL1 & '04 L300.3 Credit has just about been rebuilt, expect to payoff Mayhem after the first of the year

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
58 and 60 years old. Had many cars, including IROC, mustang, etc. Felt I was getting too old, so sold the Harley and the 25th anniversary camaro and ordered the RL. This will be the third car (4-runner and GMC sierra) for a two-driver family. RL will be the fun car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
30 Male

Sky will replace a 2000 Honda CRV my wife drove. Wife will take my 2003 Acura CL-S

Before that I took BART for a while when I lived in the SF Bay Area.
Before that I drove a 1995 Miata
Before that a 1987 Honda Prelude
And my first car, a 1984 Camaro w-tops

·
Registered
18 Posts
23 - male

I drive a '99 Chevy Malibu. Trying to decide whether to keep the Malibu or trade it in/sell it upon getting my sky. If my sky takes a full year to build, I will have probably been able to save up for the downpayment and I can keep my Malibu for the snowy/crappy Cincinnati winter. :confused:

·
Registered
230 Posts
29 - Female

Cayenne was supposed to replace my '96 Saturn SC1 that I have driven since November 1995, but I am too attached, so I talked my husband into keeping them both!! Before that I drove an '88 Chevy Cavalier that was an eye sore.:lol:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
23 - Male

Replacing my 2004 Hyundai Tiburon eventually when my Redline order is filled....in......ugh......probably 6 months at least.

Hopefully selling it, if not, then as trade in.

My previous cars were (in reverse order, latest to first)

1994 Toyota Celica (150K miles, burnt piston rings, burned oil through the combustion chamber, lost oil pressure, whole engine seized, said screw it, get new car)

1989 Plymouth Sundance (aka The Tank) Blew radiator hose, overheated, seized and blew a piston clean through the engine block. Piston put large dent in hood, but didn't penetrate. Temporary patch over engine block hole to let me drive it home to avoid towing. Was able to limp back home on just 3 cylinders. Still to this day cannot believe it actually kept running.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
40 - female...traded in my beloved 99 VW Beetle for my Sky.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts