Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be going to the NY auto show to see the Sky Redline but can only attend for 1 day and would like to be there for the unveiling. Can anyone tell me what day that will happen on?

Can Joe public like me get close up to the car on the day of the unveiling?
Do I need to buy the tickets before hand or can I just wait to buy them there? Do they sell out?

I have never been to an autoshow before so any ideas you can provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks, :D

Dave in CT

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
My guess is it will be done during the press days... which is before the public days.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
This is when the press will show it off. GM will more then likely have a media.gm.com release too before that.
autoshowny.com said:
Press Preview
media credentials required
Wednesday April 12th & Thursday April 13th

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See the Sky Redline on Fri 4/14?

Since I have never been to an autoshow I have two more dumb questions...

1) Once the public days start on 4/14, are all the cars unveiled by then, or is there additional unveilings through out the week? :confused:

2) If I wait until the last day of the show Sun 4/23 will I miss out on anything, will displays already be getting packed up? :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
1) Everything is announced and unveiled before the public can enter the show.

2) Not sure.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I know that some folks have already been able to place deposits down for the Redline. But what I'm wondering is...once GM does the "official" unveiling of the Sky Redline at the NYIAS next week, can we assume that ALL dealers will then begin taking deposits for the Redline?

·
Registered
234 Posts
No you cannot assume that, dealers are taking deposits at their own discretion... They are not obligated to take deposits if they do not want to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Delnari said:
Since this will be a pre-production model it will be hands-off behind ropes. But flash photoghy is allowed :D

Very True! The hood will not be open either. The engine bay is not finished yet. I saw the one that will be there in NY at the 2006 Saturn Business Conference in Dallas and even I couldn't peak under the hood GRRRR!! And I had connections, just not the right ones to get by the GM guys! LOL!!

To answer the other persons queston about being able to see it on the last day. Yes, once it's unveiled, it will be displayed for the entire length of the show. It's the Midnight Blue! Check out the Head Lights!! They are different than the regular Sky. The front grill is slightly different too, do the the intercooler and some duck work next to the fogs for the front brakes! Ok, I'm gonna stop there before I get in trouble!! LOL!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Scooter said:
Very True! The hood will not be open either. The engine bay is not finished yet. I saw the one that will be there in NY at the 2006 Saturn Business Conference in Dallas and even I couldn't peak under the hood GRRRR!! And I had connections, just not the right ones to get by the GM guys! LOL!!

To answer the other persons queston about being able to see it on the last day. Yes, once it's unveiled, it will be displayed for the entire length of the show. It's the Midnight Blue! Check out the Head Lights!! They are different than the regular Sky. The front grill is slightly different too, do the the intercooler and some duck work next to the fogs for the front brakes! Ok, I'm gonna stop there before I get in trouble!! LOL!!
I did not know that this car had ducks aworking in it.. How did that get past the ASPCA. Skip... just awonderin.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Skip said:
I did not know that this car had ducks aworking in it.. How did that get past the ASPCA. Skip... just awonderin.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

ROFLMAO!!! Ooooops! That damn K is to close to the T!! LMAO!!! :lol: So I have Phat Fingers!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts