Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on what would cause a delay in being invoiced?? Our SKY was built a month ago and still no invoice (it should be soon though from what our salesman says).

Just freaking out that there may have been some kind of problem with our SKY... :willy:

I know I just need to be patient, but it kind of worries me when so many others I've seen are invoiced just a few days after built.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
That seems really odd.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Purely Speculation

But with my limited experience with both truck and rail shipping, here is what I speculate

They ship primarily by rail to RXR centers -- could be waiting for a car to fill, could be waiting for a car to be picked up.

Any delay in shipping could delay invoice as I THINK they only bill once the vehicle (fancy name for your sexy SKY) has been shipped...

Anyone with better info???:confused:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Jen said:
Any ideas on what would cause a delay in being invoiced?? Our SKY was built a month ago and still no invoice (it should be soon though from what our salesman says).

Just freaking out that there may have been some kind of problem with our SKY... :willy:

I know I just need to be patient, but it kind of worries me when so many others I've seen are invoiced just a few days after built.
Keep smiling Jen:D It will be here soon I'm sure... You've got a lot of summer to cruise with the top down, a lot of us will see ours arrive when the snow is falling:confused:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hang in there. Each Sky prolly has to go throught tthe water test that each Sol is subjected to. This happens after it is built.And Rick is right on the shipping angle. Coordination of shipping all the way through to final destination takes time. A lot depends on how far and which direction you are from the plant. Some locations are lucky enough (my area is one along Lake Erie) where it is direct truck ship with no intermediate rail. Rail transport can involve first filling a full rail car for a final stop, second, teamiong up with each consist to get to final stop, this can become several different trains with days of rest at inbetween railyards. The invoice does not generate when the car is built but only after it ships and it may even be timed closer to actual arrival at dealer. We son't have any evidence (at solsticeforum) of invoices arriving while cars where sitting in Lordstown.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info all! I'm hoping now that Rick's is on it's way, mine will be right along with it since I'm just a few hours south of him... :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Jen said:
Thanks for the info all! I'm hoping now that Rick's is on it's way, mine will be right along with it since I'm just a few hours south of him... :D
Jen I'd imagine that your car will either be trucked from Chi-Heights to you, or will ride a railcar down to the nearest yard to you. I kind of hope for a truck. Rail seems to take SO much time.I THINK once the shipping has started they usually invoice while in transit. That is why my GM said 8-10 days after invoice they take delivery. So that has to mean as soon as it leaves on the RXR -- they are invoiced. The travel time from the east coast to Chi-Heights sounds correct

1 - 7 of 7 Posts