Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Got in touch with Tim the other day. Ordered a set of his heat shields for the wife's 09 Redline. He has 3 left, after mine that is 馃憤馃徏
Kit includes the water pump, power steering reservoir, and the fuse box.

Registered
Matthew, do a search for Tim or Timothy Ronak in this forum and send him a personal message (PM). He should have 3 sets left, he had four but mine is spoken for 馃槀
I picked up the complete set. 1. Waterpump Heat Shield. 2. Power Steering Reservoir Heat Shield.
SEE - SKY TURBO HEAT SHIELD
SEE - SKY TURBO POWER STEERING SHIELD

Registered
Just spoke with Tim, there are actually 3 Shields in this kit. A water pump shield, a Power steering reservoir shield, and a shield for the fuse box. Sweet 馃憤馃徏
Matthew I told him to expect a PM from You 馃憤馃徏

Registered
I edited this to remove the email address. I suggest that you send it via PM (ie: Conversation).
I edited this to remove the email address. I suggest that you send it via PM (ie: Conversation).
If I had that capability I would have. I told Tim I would pass on his e-mail, I did. You removed it. That's that.

Registered
Prepped the Heat Shield kit I picked up from Tim today. The shields come bent to form but there are some pretty sharp edges. I Knocked them down with some 220 grit and finished up with 800. Waiting for the heat wrap Tim recommended now. I will apply the wrap and install shielding some time this weekend. Excellent quality btw. Testing and trials indicate a 50 % reduction in radiant heat. Great job Tim 馃憤馃徏

Registered
Installed Tim's heat shield kit today. One thing less to worry about. Reduced radiant heat by 50 %. Replaced some hardware for an easier install. Purchased four additional (smaller) ss washers, a heat sleeve, and additional edging. Additional edging is needed when using the recommended Thermo Tec shielding. The edging Checks fraying on the heat wrap and gives the shields a finished look. The install was quick and easy once the additional hardware was procured.
Directions: Degrease / wipe down shields with alcohol prior to installation. Install Thermo Tec wrap, trim to fit using a utility knife and install edging. Before you install edging you're advised to take a nickel and open the edging a tad, this will keep you from ripping out the Thermo Tec. Now replace the oversized washers with the correct size and you're good to go. Good product, excellent quality 馃憤馃徏

Registered
Agree, stubby antennas do not give good reception. I do have a stubby though as I do not listen to radio. Too many commercials and mostly rap garbage. Radio is worthless.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts