Saturn Sky Forum banner

2021 - 2040 of 3845 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Pictures of the ad ( 2009 Saturn Sky)

Today, I Bought a NOS left headlight off epay, bought a used right headlight off epay, drove halfway to Austin and snagged a spare 3400 mile take off turbo charger from craigslist,, and had a pair of Michelin Pilot super sport tires put on the rear with a four wheel alignment… Still trying to buy a couple of things from people on this board..

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Well... Not done today, but the last thing I did with my Sky was watch as a futon frame crashed down on her tail light :eek::banghead::rolleyes:

Guess it's as good of a motivator as any to go HID/sequential/something else :thumbs:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Well... Not done today, but the last thing I did with my Sky was watch as a futon frame crashed down on her tail light :eek::banghead::rolleyes:

It could have been worse, I finished restoring and painting my 69 firebird 400 before I went in for back surgery years ago. Every few days I'd go peek in the garage to look at it, no one else went in there, one day the metal cover for the garage door opener that was on top of a box, on a shelve above the car had to have jumped off, landed on the roof above the windshield sharp side down, then the box it was sitting on jumped off, landed on top of the cover, skied down the windshield, across the cowl and on to the fender and hood leaving the glass cut and the paint down to the metal....

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
I went by the garage, checked on my baby, told her I would be gone for ten days, covered her back up with her two car covers, closed the door and locked it. My wife thinks I am nuts. After thinking about it, I most likely am a little overboard with this car, Shut Robo!

·
7,048 Posts
I went by the garage, checked on my baby, told her I would be gone for ten days, covered her back up with her two car covers, closed the door and locked it. My wife thinks I am nuts. After thinking about it, I most likely am a little overboard with this car, Shut Robo!
Hehehe! A week or so ago, Bill (wspohn) posted a video on the Solstice forum, So I ask your (skersfan) are you getting there!! :skep:
Edward Smith, Man Who Has Had Sex With 999 Cars, Ready To Commit To VW Beetle (VIDEO)

:jester:

·
Registered
17,492 Posts
I finally used the OPEL cigarette lighter...WOW! When the filament gets hot, the amber ring which surrounds the lighter glows amber. The amber light kicks in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I put an ebay tinted wind deflector on to keep the wif from complaining about the wind (and she wanted a convertible!) :banghead:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I got a cooler and other bags from SkyVue! Thanks! and I got the CD to load and play that I put in and got stuck then kept giving me a disc error and wouldn't eject..

·
Super Moderator
11,280 Posts
Put the car up in the air to see where this annoying clinking sound was coming from in the rear. Broke off a wheel stud taking off the wheel because the tire place cross threaded the nut! Grrrrr...

Touched up the caliper paint where it chipped off. Figured out the clinking sound was from rocks that got in the tires when I got ran off the road and they popped their beads.

Took the air intake off as I was having issues with the MAF. Everything there looked okay but I'm goign to let it air out a bit in case I got some water somewhere I shouldn't.

So now I'm going to search how to replace a wheel stud, I know I saw it on here somewhere, and then put everthing back together until I can get a wheel stud next week.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
U R going to get those removed?

Put the car up in the air to see where this annoying clinking sound was coming from in the rear.

. . . . .

Figured out the clinking sound was from rocks that got in the tires when I got ran off the road and they popped their beads.
:eek: Rocks inside the tires?

That must clinking and a dinking like a hot coocaracha?

·
Super Moderator
11,280 Posts
Yep, rocks in the tires. Last incident I had two wheels popped off the bead i the dirt. Rocks must have got in then, when the AAA guy and I reseated them on the side of the road and inflated them, the rocks stayed trapped inside. One was RF the other LR.

Then I went to the tire store after I tried to get the car realigned and was told my front tires were shot (inside edge worn out) only to find out it was my LF and RR that were worn out because last time I got 2 tires replaced and new wheels they HAD put the two new wheels up front and the two old ones in the rear but at some point the old one on the left side got back up front and the new one got in the rear. So when I got new tires I had the two new ones put up front and both old ones on the back. So now the RR which had been the RF meant that both "newer" tires had rocks in them and were on the same end of the car.

You'll see this is my luck.

Good news is the sound only is there at very low speeds. They tumble around and bounce off the inside of the wheel...rock on metal = clinking sound...but at higher speeds the rocks get pinned to the rubber tire and thus no noise.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Put the car up in the air to see where this annoying clinking sound was coming from in the rear. Broke off a wheel stud taking off the wheel because the tire place cross threaded the nut! Grrrrr...
When I went to have the back tires replaced the other day, I ask the counter guy not to use an air impact, to use a breaker bar and torque wrench to remove/replace the wheels. He said they have to use an impact. So I told him: "Give me my money back then because if anyone touches my car with an impact I"ll kick their freeking a$$!" He went & got the manager, he said no problem, wrote & highlighted "Do not use impact", then personally told the tech. He came back and said that the first time they had that kind of a request! Later I stood out in front of the bay to watch & make sure they were doing as ask. The kid working on my Sky was being very careful & meticulous. I then heard another older, smarta$$ worker yell at the kid; "You better dunk those tires in Holy water" when the kid was checking for bead leaks... Later, I thanked the kid for his professionalism and tipped him $10. After the tires were back on, the car went to the alignment bay where the a$$wipe was. He screwed around for at least 1/2 hour without touching my car, then the kid I tipped went over to his bay and did the alignment. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but the hand gestures indicated the a$$ was saying WTF to the kid, who kept on working... Kudos to the kid & manager at National Tire & Battery at the Forum shopping center, San Antonio!

·
Super Moderator
11,280 Posts
Using an impact doesn't bother me...not starting them by hand first and forcing them on with an impact does and I'd be willing to bet that's what happened here.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
So, here are the new wheels and tires. The tires made an AMAZING difference in the ride. MUCH more smooth. If any of you are still on the Goodyear OEMs, ditch them now for something better. Plus, I don't get any of those annoying tire chirps in 1st or 2nd gear anymore and the control is much better in turns.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Using an impact doesn't bother me...
I remember at the group inservice for new saturn owners at the dealership, we were told that no impact wrenches were used on the saturn production lines or at the dealerships, and advised not to let anyone use one on our car foe such reasons....

2021 - 2040 of 3845 Posts