Saturn Sky Forum banner

2921 - 2940 of 3832 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,094 Posts
I bought a new key fob and programmer and programmed 3 fobs.
The buttons on the one are getting real bad.

Amazon sells the following.
APDTY 24843 Replacement Key-less Entry Remote Key Fob Transmitter Assembly With Do-It-Yourself Programming Tool (Replaces GM Part Number 15252034 Only

and it works flawlessly
Did all three remotes come with the programmer? That's a hell of a deal!

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Yes it did
If you look at the description of the product on Amazon it states the part number of the key fobs it works with.
That part number is easily found on the back of the fob.

Mine had the appropriate part number and as such worked as advertised

·
Registered
317 Posts
What I did today was buy a new garage door opener, I programmed it, then I "installed" it on my visor. I was surprised there wasn't a programmable door opener on the mirror. I have one on the mirror in my other car.

·
Super Moderator
11,094 Posts
Wasn't so much what I did TO the sky today but rather FOR the Sky.

I got some new LED lights for the garage and give myself some more light for working on the car. It was a nice little upgrade.

Before:

After:

Just a little brighter. This will make working on the car a heck of a lot nicer day or night.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
What I did today was buy a new garage door opener, I programmed it, then I "installed" it on my visor. I was surprised there wasn't a programmable door opener on the mirror. I have one on the mirror in my other car.
I use a keychain door opener in my SKY. When I got the SKY, my pickup got booted out to the curb, so I de-programmed the Homelink in it. That way, if someone breaks into the pickup, the garage door opener won't work.

·
Registered
317 Posts
What I did today is fill the tank after driving the 306 miles fr OKC to my house one 1 tank of gas at 80mph through the Flint Hill (really kills mileage, but is beautiful). I didn't do it Sunday because there was moisture on the roads and they were salted last week.

I saw a link to a garage door hack a guy did on his jeep. I might end up doing something like that and putting the button in a more stealthy location. My other car got kicked to the driveway, but it's a pretty long drive. Since I'm from the city, I still lock my car doors. The baddies can open my garage and take most anything they want, but they better not mess with my Sky.

I've got other things on "the list", and it keeps growing. The good thing is that the weather is helping me decide to be responsible.

·
Registered
668 Posts
U can also install the flash to pass garage door opener
I'm going that way so nobody can break in and open my garage door

·
Premium Member
5,126 Posts
WOW Robo, I never realized I had such power!!!!! Glad you finally lit the dungeon!!!! What an improvement!!! That place was dark. Good work sir.

I am supposed to pick up my Yellow car in the morning. They got the front camera switched and OnStar working. Nice kid doing it. He had it done today, but decided not to drive down the mountain today. Should get the 4 foot Pontiac emblem tomorrow to. Will try to get pictures of everything.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Got my shocks new in. Can't wait to install them. My car has 90K miles on it and the original shocks are shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
This wasn't actually for my SKY, it is my son's Christmas present. Please click on the Icon and tell me what you think.

Yogi

my shop sign2.jpg

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Back on 11/17/2016 I received my Auto Insurance Policy Renewal from The Hartford, which went up by 40% but I waited until now to discuss it because I used the website Compare Now.com and I wanted to see if there were any bloodhound insurance agents chasing after me, either by phone or by mail. Thankfully, there were none. Here is the Story: Saturn Sky Forum Shopping for Insurance

Yogi

·
Super Moderator
11,094 Posts
Ever since I did my boost reference return fuel system the new to me fuel level sensor was not registering full when the tank was full...would go to about 15/16ths. Minor but an issue that bugged me so after driving around a couple weeks to see if it would change and without high hopes it would, I decided to put my old fuel level sensor into the new assembly. Got that installed yesterday...tested today, no leaks, and the fuel level now seems to read correctly in the gauge. Read empty when I put it in (very little fuel in the tank), then between half and 3/4s when I put in 8 gallons, then full when the pump shut off.

So with that solved, the fuel system is done. Next up...clutch.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Starting on fixing the second door sill insert. Other than that, I pulled the trigger on my wrap purchase for this coming year. Vvivid Vinyl is having a 40% off Boxing Day Sale--today only, on everything. Discount code is "box40".

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fasten your seat belt

I hate it when my car keeps flashing the seat belt light. I'M WEARING MY SEATBELT, SO STOP CHIMING! If I move the buckle it stops flashing, for a while. Took the seat out today. Found the problem. The wire leading up to the seat belt buckle was being pinched by the seat frame. All better now. :smile:

2921 - 2940 of 3832 Posts