Saturn Sky Forum banner

3321 - 3340 of 3832 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,101 Posts
Painted the engine cover today. I like the look but my painting skills are less than awesome.

After much discussion elsewhere about how to mask the letters, I painted the entire cover Duplicolor Victory Red, about six light coats, then used a Q-Tip to repaint the surface the letters metallic silver, then three coats of clear.
That looks really good Lorennerol...very nice work!

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Replaced the trunk release button in the glove box that I broke while installing the new head unit. I also contacted trifecta about my custom tune. I had it set to work with the cruise control but my cruise control stopped working last year. They are great they are reprogrammed the tune for me.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Painted the engine cover today. I like the look but my painting skills are less than awesome.

After much discussion elsewhere about how to mask the letters, I painted the entire cover Duplicolor Victory Red, about six light coats, then used a Q-Tip to repaint the surface the letters metallic silver, then three coats of clear.
Very nice. I want to paint mine as well but my exterior color is silver and interior solid black. I guess I could paint the cover silver, but adding a bit of color in there would be nice. Just not sure which color....or just stick with silver.

Did you use a high temperature paint?

·
Premium Member
1,532 Posts
Very nice. I want to paint mine as well but my exterior color is silver and interior solid black. I guess I could paint the cover silver, but adding a bit of color in there would be nice. Just not sure which color....or just stick with silver.

Did you use a high temperature paint?
Thank you :)

A splash of red with silver and black is nice. You could do the calipers red as well, or get the red silicone charge air piping.

I didn't use high temp. I actually didn't even think about it, as it's a plastic cover so it can't get that hot. This is what I used:

http://a.co/fF6XpXG

If you want good coverage don't expect the 8 ounce can to do much more than the cover. I had just enough left in mine to spray some in a cup for touch-up after I repainted the letters silver.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I didn't use high temp. I actually didn't even think about it, as it's a plastic cover so it can't get that hot.
That cover can get surprisingly hot. I don't know if it gets so hot that the regular paint will be a problem, but I have been amazed at how hot that cover gets.

·
Premium Member
1,532 Posts
That cover can get surprisingly hot. I don't know if it gets so hot that the regular paint will be a problem, but I have been amazed at how hot that cover gets.
Hmmm, well I'll keep an eye on the paint. I guess the worst case is that I get to paint it again and do a better job with touch up :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Got the cat back exhaust finished up today, sounds perfect (not too loud to upset the wife) and I definitely like the quad chrome tips better than the black rectangles.

On the plastic engine cover note, I also bought some merlot colored paint awhile back just have to stop being lazy and get it painted up and put on. Weather has been rainy or cold lately so motivation has been low.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,532 Posts
Got the new kicks put on!

edit: forum software entirely failing to understand rotation metadata...ugh

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,101 Posts
Got the new kicks put on!

edit: forum software entirely failing to understand rotation metadata...ugh
Cannot wait to hear what you think about those lorennerol. I love mine, my gf loves hers, skersfan loves his, jgasser loves his.

I love the warning sign too! That is awesome! May need to do the same thing. Great idea!

·
Premium Member
1,532 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Gladly. I made the PDF two pages with the lifting instructions on the back. I have it printed, laminated, and in the seat back pocket.
Thanks for this.....still haven't taken mine into a mechanic (don't trust anyone with my car other than myself) but if I do I will totally use this!!!

3321 - 3340 of 3832 Posts