Saturn Skyline Forum banner

3781 - 3800 of 3818 Posts

·
Registered
17,329 Posts
My RL didn’t come with the monsoon system, so I purchased a new old stock monsoon subwoofer and corresponding back panel with sub cutout / mesh. Swapped over my Midnight Blue waterfall to new rear panel. Pulled the seats & carpet and installed insulation / sound deadener on entire floor, tunnel and rockers in preparation for new speakers, amp & sub. I finally had access, so I cleaned my seatbelt retractors and now they actually retract.
How did u get those seat belt retractors to work...from day one...they never worked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
With the back panel removed while I installed sound deadening material, I had access to the retractors. I extended the belt out as far as it would go and sprayed a dry lube gun cleaner called One Shot at the outer edges of the retractor spool. I slowly pulled & released the belt back to the spool over & over (about 6X) til the belt retracted on its own, like its supposed to. Then I hit the spool edges with one last shot of cleaner and they worked. I would imagine brake cleaner or any other alcohol based aerosol cleaner will work, but you’ll probably want to lubricate the spool afterwards. I like using dry lube as it doesn’t make the belt oily and won’t stain the belt or your clothes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I sprayed a dry lube gun cleaner called One Shot to the edges of the retractor spool while the belt was a full extension, then worked the belt extending & retracting a few times until it retracted on its own.

Hornady 99901 One Shot Gun Cleaner Aerosol Spray with DynaGlide Plus (10 fl oz Aerosol) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007TNXGMK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_1Ll4CbESTBMJD

·
Registered
284 Posts
Decided to do some stuff to my '08 Redline today so I started with replacing the two outside tail light bulbs with red leds. It looks about the same, but I like using leds. I then figured I'd give putting the tint that I bought on the tail light... it didn't go well. The compound curves really made it difficult and I eventually go to the "f it" point and just finished it. The quality of the application of the vinyl is really bad on my part but I decided to put it on anyway just to see if I liked the look. I really do like the look so I am going to contact a local place to see what it costs to get them professionally wrapped. Since I had a bunch of left over due to the shape of the tight lights I decided to give the 3rd brake light a shot. That came out pretty good and was a lot easier than the tail light. I then did the front side markers, which were even easier. Attached are the pics.

I like the look and checking the light output it's hard to tell the difference between the tint and untinted tail light.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I tried the same thing last summer. I quickly found out that I have neither the talent or patients to wrap tail lights. I decided to put a set of Opel lights on the car instead.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Made a hole in the engine bay over the weekend, then filled it back up. Discovered that the small brass fitting on the charge air return pipe has M10-1 threads (trivia: there are FOUR official thread pitches on the M10 size) and that DDM forgot to thread the charge pipe they sent me.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
This past winter I redid my interior which included the steering wheel. I followed the directions I found here and disconnected my battery so wouldn't eat the air bag while removing it. Well today was my first actual drive up to the emissions place so I can renew my license. Yup, you guessed it. Failed the test because I wiped out all of my driving data when I disconnected the battery. Unfortunately my tags are already expired so I had to get temporary tags to drive on to complete the emissions drive cycle! The guy at the E-check place said I should have had the test done before I disconnected my battery. Dah...

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Removed the battery, Optima Red Top, toast in less than a year. Pulled the ECM to compare with the 2009 one I have. Appear to be exactly the same. My car is a late production 2007, so it appears they had already changed over to the new Bosch unit.

Plan to ship it to PAW in the morning and have him flash it to stock and then back to our latest tune upgrade. Hopefully this will end all the problems I have been having.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Put the fender back on after replacing the battery and put the driver seat back in after removing to have a piece welded so that the electric seat rise would work properly.

·
Premium Member
5,102 Posts
Okay Bob, tell us. How you like the mirrors now that you have a road trip with them on the car?

Well I am a jarhead, and never quit at anything. But I have given this load of crap from DDM all I have. I am taking it out of the car, going back to stock. My guess is that this pile of junk has destroyed my engine. We will do compression check and leak down test on Monday. If it is out of standards, out it comes. I have invested well over 10K in trying to make this pile $hit work, and god knows how many hours. Perfect engine, never a code. and I turned it into this. This is the second time I have been burnt by DDM, should have learned on the Mallett, but I didn't. We now have the turbo pumping oil out the exhaust side of the turbo, in less than 500 miles. This thing has been a time bomb. So Dave if you are still wondering, yea I think you sell a lot of junk and a line of crap a mile long. I don't care that you are a sponsor, or what you do for the Kappa family. You and your company have lied to me so many times, over and over and over. I can promise you this, if you were here in California you would be in small claims court. I will eat this deal, but I will do everything I can to enlighten everyone that thinks you are a god, just exactly what you have done on this situation over the last year and 5 months.
'

3781 - 3800 of 3818 Posts