Saturn Sky Forum banner

3841 - 3860 of 3877 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I picked up a 2007 Sky with 14,000 miles. It has a Hahn turbo and K1S single exhaust. I've been sorting it out as most used cars can be neglected. I changed just about all the fluids - transmission, differential, brake/clutch, and power steering fluids. The turbo was leaking oil so it got new bearings and O-rings.

The car came with a chrome stubby antenna that was not the best when out of the metro areas so I got a 31" from Autozone.

The stock tires tread was was twice the height of the wear bars and hard as a hockey puck in the rain. With snow season right around the corner the Pilot Alpin snow tires went on the chrome wheels. Also picked up a set of B&G lowering springs and will have it aligned this week after about 500 miles of settling.

I bought a GM tonneau cover for it and have it stretched out in the spare bedroom. That'll go in the spring.

Currently plumming coolant to the turbo and will relocate the power steering pump away from the turbo heat.

But I have to have it so I can put it all back together for the last couple of top down days!

Norm
very cool, mine is having Turbo installation completed at RPM in Arizona. unfortunately the virus has it hard there so it might be awhile. If it was here I would be driving it. Has anyone else on here had an RPM turbo put on their 2.4 ? Interested in how it turned out.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I forced it to take me to San Juan for a Margarita and then I didnt let it have one.

·
Super Moderator
6,566 Posts
I forced it to take me to San Juan for a Margarita and then I didnt let it have one.
Probably a good thing. I don't think they lke tequila. Did you treat it to sme nice fresh gasoline instead?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
yep, 13 gallons.

Reactions: JohnWR

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yup, did those Riken Raptors ZR A/S....two weeks before that put in a new head unit...what's next....coil-overs?
Oh yeah, maybe fix that damn parking brake...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Outside of replacing my battery again, spraying the bushings down again, repairing the stitching on my top again... not much.
Been enjoying the summer months cruising around the backroads, filming with the Go-Pro for my You-Tube site: LAC Films for new adventures with the Sky.

Found a fun new road to drive here, been on it 3 times now, and I love it so. My personal test track for decompression during the Covid-19.
Personal space social distancing movement. Kelbaugh Rd. on my U-Tube site.

AND... then this story happened, which is why I am posting here today. You just never ever know, what you will see on any given day.
Two part story here, bear with me. Yesterday-9/4/20 woke up early, the morning mist still heavy in the air, sun just peaking over South Mountain. Car needs a wipe down I thought, as I made my coffee.
Ok I can do that, besides the grass cutting of nearly an acre to do later after the heavy rains the last few days around here.
I come upstairs, peak out my bedroom window and low and behold, there is a... Bald Eagle sitting 50 yds, from my face.
Hmmm... a filming opportunity to say the least. Grab my old cam, not the Go-Pro and zoomed in.

Wow. Big ole bird, fully matured just hanging out looking for breakfast along the Little Antietam I guess. Several eagles have visited this place over the many years.
Got some good videos & photos to add to my collection.
Check him out on the U-Tube site: "Buddy the Bald Eagle"

NOW... this morning waiting for my coffee to brew up, I was watching some couples on my sailing channels that I follow on U-Tube.
I'm still half awake watching Capt. Rick Moore on SSL in San Andres island, Columbia of all places while they are filming their travels on scooters back to the boat, from the only beach bar open on the whole island.

A herd of cows traffic jam sort of, just wandering down the road, heading to the entrance to the local hospital.
Mostly likely going in for testing, trace samples and maybe Hoof & Mouth too while their at it. Funny as hell.
Then out of no where... what do I see sitting on the side of the road, a Saturn Sky. Silver black top & stripes.
I'll be damn.. our car is everywhere in this world even on an island during a pandemic, with a herd of cows too.
Not sure who the owner is, or if he is on our site here, but you're famous now just say'n.

Houston we have a problem:

Safe driving out there gang.
LAC

·
Registered
374 Posts
I ordered the DDM cup holder console and trunk mat. The folks there couldn’t have been nicer with answering questions. 👍

·
Registered
189 Posts
She just hit 7,400 miles yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
11,487 Posts
Can't wait to drive mine again. Clutch and flywheel should be here tomorrow...just waiting on a couple more parts. Did get this in the mail today...DDM 710 cap...LOL

·
Registered
73 Posts
Finished changing all forward lights to LED’s, installed the stubby antenna, and applied two good coats of wax.
Did some research into tires and wheels.
Undecided as to whether to stay with 18’s, or go to 19’s. This offset has me wondering, especially if I want to go bigger brakes.

·
Super Moderator
6,566 Posts
Finished changing all forward lights to LED’s, installed the stubby antenna, and applied two good coats of wax.
Did some research into tires and wheels.
Undecided as to whether to stay with 18’s, or go to 19’s. This offset has me wondering, especially if I want to go bigger brakes.
The stock wheels will accommodate bigger brakes.
I assume this change is for appearance, as neither bigger wheels or bigger brakes will enhance performance.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Considering upgrading the stereo in my Sky to a new Kenwood that has GPS and Apple Play..... hesitant due to reading about problems related with changing out the O/E unit..... have it in my cart from Crutchfield as I’m typing.....

·
Super Moderator
6,566 Posts
Considering upgrading the stereo in my Sky to a new Kenwood that has GPS and Apple Play..... hesitant due to reading about problems related with changing out the O/E unit..... have it in my cart from Crutchfield as I’m typing.....
What problems are you worried about?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Regarding bigger brakes, wheels, and tires.

I was surprised that the chrome plated 5-spoke wheels with tires is so very heavy. Adding bigger brakes will increase unsprung weight even further. Pay attention to the weight of larger aftermarket wheels and tires and brakes. Less unsprung weight should improve ride-quality and performance handling.

3841 - 3860 of 3877 Posts