Saturn Sky Forum banner
3941 - 3960 of 3983 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Cleaned the top with the 303 products. Tomorrow will be waterproof day.
Good stuff!!
and today was waterproof day:)
swapped out the plugs just for the fun of it. by the looks of the old ones, it’s running beautifully.

·
Premium Member
08 Redline. RPM"s CAI, charge pipes, CAT delete & ECM Tune. diy tunnel brace. ProBeam.
120 Posts
Breathrite strips for my RL. These were recovered from my first Sky after the wreck. Sanded, painted and reinstalled. Then stenciled.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Light Hood Automotive design

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Hood

Also: Cat delete, DIY tunnel brace and DDM Probeam, shorty antenna, Pioneer head unit, all speakers and sub, backup camera, footwell & door led lighting. All above recovered as well.

New second horn so I can be heard.

Working on a DIY polycarbonate replacement for the dealer installed fly swatter. Coming along slowly.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Resurrected an old thread and did the alternating side marker/turn signal mod and waiting for my MGB parts that are two days late to arrive…..

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
105 Posts
Plant Sky Natural landscape Leaf Tree

Fall has arrived in New England. Extended weather reports show there will be no more days above 65 F this year with the exception of the next two days which will be cloudy and rainy so it's time to put the baby to bed for the winter. Today and yesterday have been sad yet satisfying. Last wash and ride of the year yesterday with wax job in the late afternoon. Today, tire rotate and sensor reset, quick blast on the highway to top off fuel tank and add star tron, interior detail and treat all rubber seals with shin-etsu grease. Dryer sheets in the trunk and interior, glue traps around the exterior. Car cover fitted and battery tender plugged in. I am all ready looking forward to the first ride next spring and jealous of you people who can drive top down year round. Time to start my list of winter projects; Detail under carriage, stone chip repair ....

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
274 Posts
Test fit my front fenders from Norm before sending out for paint. Had a few minor tweaks and they are good to go.
Not to mention that’s it’s always good when you have a friend who is a body man:)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Put my Redline away in the garage for the winter. My first 3 months of ownership have been awesome. But alas, Minnesota loves salty road and mother nature likes to dump snow on us :(

Until Spring my friend... until spring.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Installed OEM luggage rack , Tahoe cover and VDI HINGES over the past month

·
Registered
685 Posts
where did you get the oem rack ?? any installed pics.been searching for one forever.
😎 (y)🇨🇦
They are hard to find but I got lucky buying it from a forum member yrs ago

Attachments

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Hi tchr49,

You mentioned the need to "tweak" your new fenders that were manufactured by Norm. Could you share what the adjustments were?

I have two brand new non-OEM fenders made by DDMWorks that I bought from a forum member. I was going to get them painted but wonder if they need tweaking before painting. I also wonder if the tweaking is something I can handle myself, or if a body shop needs to do the tweaking.

BTW: Your silver fenders look awesome.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hi tchr49,

You mentioned the need to "tweak" your new fenders that were manufactured by Norm. Could you share what the adjustments were?

I have two brand new non-OEM fenders made by DDMWorks that I bought from a forum member. I was going to get them painted but wonder if they need tweaking before painting. I also wonder if the tweaking is something I can handle myself, or if a body shop needs to do the tweaking.

BTW: Your silver fenders look awesome.
“tweaking” was in reference to fiddling with the brackets on the car itself. The fenders themselves were good to go save the usual prep before paint. Once I had them test fit, I just took them to the painter.

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
105 Posts
Who are you kidding here? That's not your Sky. It's a old picture of one coming off the assembly line. ;)
LOL, that's what I'm going for! Unfortunately, there is stuff you just can't clean off ...
The damage in the green ovals is from a restaurant parking lot that scraped on the way in but dragged on the way out. (haven't been there again) The yellow rectangle is from a motorcycle battery that magically appeared from under the car I was following in the center lane of the highway with a semi on my right, an F350 4x4 riding my ass and a line of cars in the left lane. Nowhere to go ... the sound was horrendous but that's the only damage.

Vehicle Hood Light Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Hey, you are doing a lot better than me. My low-hanging air scoop was missing, ripped out by a previous owner running over something leaving only remnants at the mounting hardware, and the smooth bottom frontal air duct was so badly damaged that I had to replace it.

Original Air Duct
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Composite material

Automotive exterior Wood Tints and shades Bumper Metal

New Ones
Automotive tire Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Rectangle

My Sky has so many new parts on it, I think I made it younger.

3941 - 3960 of 3983 Posts