Saturn Sky Forum banner
3961 - 3980 of 4288 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Fenders are mounted, but lack of space doesn’t let me get a good angle to photo. I am pleased with the results.
We should still have a warm day or two, so pics are pending for a driveway shot.
Hopefully, I’ll get the new fender liners in place this weekend.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Boy they look great. Did the openings include those finish screens or are those something you made yourself?
Yes, the finish screens come with the fenders. They are held in place by four very well anchored studs. Don’t see them ever coming loose or a stud separating from the fender. Just gave them several additional coats of paint before installation.
Very easy to get the gaps correct once the brackets had been adjusted and that is probably normal. Previous owner had replaced the battery, so I was expecting it on that side before starting.

Like all of Norm’s products, they are beautiful right out of the mold. Only a minimum of prep work is needed before paint. I’ve helped a friend restore a number of Corvettes and these are the best glass aftermarket parts I’ve seen.

·
Registered
2008 SATURN SKY REDLINE, 1996 NSX-T, 2017 GENESIS G90 AWD
19 Posts
I JB Welded that PVC nipple onto the BIG black hose for the second time in 3 days. I told my bride, next time you're buying a cool new hose with the metal nipple that I have seen on some of your cars. WAY too aggravating. Also got a call from the body shop that the new front bumper is all finished and ready for pick-up. Then I will need someone to instruct me on how to install it without destroying a brand new bumper and brand new paint job. I took the old one off without a problem because it was already damaged. Got all the new parts except 1 that was "discontinued" and was able to straighten out the old part. What a nightmare chasing down parts for these things. I felt like I was looking for parts for a Duesenburg or "57 Chevy:oops:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Fender liner project is stalled. The passenger side had a huge blemish where it was pulled from the mold. The one ordered in to replace it was worse. Third time charm??
Instead, I pulled all 4 wheels and cleaned the inside barrels. Not too bad, but they bothered me every time I looked at them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fender liner project is stalled. The passenger side had a huge blemish where it was pulled from the mold. The one ordered in to replace it was worse. Third time charm??
Instead, I pulled all 4 wheels and cleaned the inside barrels. Not too bad, but they bothered me every time I looked at them.
Since my lovely bride just ripped off the front end backing out of the garage, this was 1 of many parts I had to buy. Passenger side, from ebay, $36. delivered. I is an exact part, although VERY TIGHT and I had to cut out the big hole for that ridiculous turbo tube that I can't see has ANYTHING to do with the turbo. They just go from in back of the vent in the bumper back into the wheel well/wheel liner. Now I have to get the new bumper on. Another day...

Splash Shield For 2007-2010 Saturn Sky Front, Passenger Side
Splash Shield For 2007-2010 Saturn Sky Front, Passenger Side
Total: $36.06​
Order number: 02-07887-46765​
Item ID: 350897277462​

·
Registered
19 Posts
That tube is for cooling the brakes.
AAHHH, THANKS. They should stamp BRAKES, not TURBO on them. I bet I spent 30 minutes total trying to figure out where and how it fit into the turbo.
Now to figure out how to get the bumper back on and juggle them and the lights and get everything tucked in and out and, and, and...

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I think it is stamped Turbo, because they were only used on the "turbo version". They really should have been stamped "Redline". Of course, when the mold for them was being made the marketing dept. may not have decided on the "Redline" name yet.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Installed the fender liners. Driver’s side carried an inventory sticker and a white GM part label. Passenger side had only the inventory sticker, and has some blemishes around the injection port like they pulled it from the mold too fast. They must be farming them out? Both however have the factory texture.
I will continue to look for a,”good” new one. On a good note, I was able to save the AC sticker from the driver’s side which I am told is NLA.
Waiting on the new steering wheel which should be here Monday.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Where did you find replacements? About the only bad chrome I haven't replaced yet..
Amazon: Cobalt Dorman Driver 81890 Pasanger 81857 inside door handles. Dissemble the new handles. To remove old ones. Take pictures to verify the spring location, squeeze the plastic pin bottom splits together with small needle nose pliers while pushing up. You can either cut a notch or pull back to gain pin clearance. The notch should be out of sight when the panel is replaced. If you pull back too hard there is a possibility that the housing melt weld will break. You can use hot glue to refasten. But make sure it is in proper position before doing so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting

Got the new bumper on. Off to the body shop on Thursday at noon so they can tweak it out- line up the gaps. WAY too many combos for me. I could goof with it until midnight and still not be happy. I have a red bumper that I will be putting on here for sale as soon as I get some time to make up an ad. If anybody wants it in the meantime, give me a yell.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
394 Posts
Finished up the front brakes View attachment 118097
Did you have slotted rotors before? I replaced the factory ones with similar and not sure I like the feel of the slots...I wonder if just drilled would have been ok with stock calipers.. wasn't ready for bigger brakes as that seems to be one of the pricier upgrades so went with new rotors, stock calipers and high performance pads.

3961 - 3980 of 4288 Posts