Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 40 of 3844 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Waxed the paint after cleaning the clear coat with 3M rubbing compound, cleaned the chrome wheels, fitted a tonneau cover, and Rain-X'ed the windows.

Norm

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
I filled it up with gas, got a sunburn driving it, and told it the rear valence/diffuser I ordered for it in *April* from Norm's Fiberglass would be here soon. It will, right Norm??

·
Registered
576 Posts
I got my new custom BOV's installed today (4 of them) one for each tip. :D

GETCHUSOME!!!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I have not seen my car in the last month or two. It's all covered up in the garage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmmm bad day for my poor Sky. Jumped a curb and took out the driver's side back tire. Now she has grass all in her under body. I really shouldn't be driving a car 2 inches of the ground! :p

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Vinyl carbon fiber from ebay. It's vinyl and with spray on adhesive stretches to the shifter console well. $20 for two feet length.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Started a little paint project.

Supplies:

Prepped, cleaned several times with denatured alcohol, then taped.

A light coat:

Proof that cleaning means really cleaning:

I had to strip all the paint back off and reclean it several times. It would have been much easier, and less messy, to just clean it right the first time.

After the cleaning and repaint, it looks much better.

The engine cover after 3 coats.

After it dries, hopefully tomorrow, I will be adding the accents. Stay tuned.

Jim :cool:

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Hey Jim why didn't you use the Fusion paint made for plastic? Just curious if there was a reason for it cause I want to paint the same parts myself.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hey Jim why didn't you use the Fusion paint made for plastic? Just curious if there was a reason for it cause I want to paint the same parts myself.:cheers:
Two reasons. I already had this paint, and I have found it to be extremely durable.

On other news, I installed my valve cover on my Opel GT today, same paint, so it is related: LOL

Jim :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Talk to the artist today to place my art work on hold for a week or two.
Waiting for liner to cover my hole.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Larry....I got your hole covered... :lol:
Liner on its way to you!

I also received an updated picture from Corrado...he sent out my filter box cover today...back from clear coating.. :dthumbs: Sure makes the colors POP!

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
There is some great art work going on here.
Thanks Tammy,
Larry
LLLFLY

·
Registered
495 Posts
That looks awesome Tammy I really like those flames.

Here's some pictures of my new toy that I had installed today. This time its not a Red Solstice in a movie...it's a movie in a Black SKY. I played Terminator 2 and the sound and picture quality was unbelievable. Well, worth the money. The wife can watch movies on the way to Texas while I drive :)

The navigation and Bluetooth work perfect too. The intallation was done by a performance sound shop and is 100% clean. No mess, wires and the Nav antenna is hidden. The IPad coonection is in the glove box and you can control it by the touchscreen.

If, anyone is thinking about something like this its preety cool - the Kenwood DNX6960 is good for the money and fits / looks perfect in the SKY.

If, anyone is interested I can take better pictures or just PM me.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 3844 Posts