Saturn Sky Forum banner
3981 - 4000 of 4288 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Never had a bad experience with drilled and slotted rotors. Ran them on one of my E30’s, 1995 M3, and the most recent was on my G8. That one had stock replacements and then rotors for a 4 wheel Brembo upgrade. No cracks or warps, but I do think they have a characteristic slight noise. Not offensive by any means, just different.
They were a definite benefit on the M3 and the G8.

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
394 Posts
Never had a bad experience with drilled and slotted rotors. Ran them on one of my E30’s, 1995 M3, and the most recent was on my G8. That one had stock replacements and then rotors for a 4 wheel Brembo upgrade. No cracks or warps, but I do think they have a characteristic slight noise. Not offensive by any means, just different.
They were a definite benefit on the M3 and the G8.
Thanks, I guess it is the noise that throws me,, as you said its not offensive, just different and I guess I need to just get used to the slightly different feel and sound

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Don't be too quick to discard your original front bumper. If it is not cracked up, just dimpled in the front like you show, I understand that can be filled in and repaired nicely. My old 2000 MR2 Spyder had such front bumper damage and was professionally repaired to perfection.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Don't be too quick to discard your original front bumper. If it is not cracked up, just dimpled in the front like you show, I understand that can be filled in and repaired nicely. My old 2000 MR2 Spyder had such front bumper damage and was professionally repaired to perfection.
There's a company refurbishing the Solstice bumpers somewhere in the midwest. My Sol may have to have it done if I feel I can't handle the project

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
394 Posts
That isthe original. I did find a rear cover in orlando for $300 and I have kept that one but I haven't seen any front clips that where worth the cost so yes, it has a lot of filler on it😉

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
View attachment 118488

Nothing to the Sky, but I did add these to the MGB to help spread the love around.
Nice look on a vintage British car, though I might be biased...

Wheel Tire Austin-healey sprite Car Vehicle

To keep it on-topic, we took the Sky out for a back-roads cruise yesterday. 50F and sunshine is top-down weather in Seattle.

Car Vehicle Sky Motor vehicle Smile

Reactions: tchr49 and CoopSky

·
Registered
432 Posts
Put on my PAW intake and charge pipes, new 45* coupler, t bolt clamps, DDM coolant lines as the first steps of my mod journey.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Asphalt

It's 52F outside today, so took the car for a top down drive.

I've got a pile of parts still needing to go on yet too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Matthew, do a search for Tim or Timothy Ronak in this forum and send him a personal message (PM). He should have 3 sets left, he had four but mine is spoken for 😂
I picked up the complete set. 1. Waterpump Heat Shield. 2. Power Steering Reservoir Heat Shield.
SEE - SKY TURBO HEAT SHIELD
SEE - SKY TURBO POWER STEERING SHIELD

3981 - 4000 of 4288 Posts