Saturn Sky Forum banner
4021 - 4040 of 4126 Posts

·
Administrator
8,061 Posts
Did mine with a pair of channel locks and a C-clamp
Channel-locks? I have used needle-nose to screw pistons in, but never channel-locks. When things go well the pliers do fine, but occasionally they just can't get it done and the proper tool is a lifesaver.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Rears are easy. You’ll need a tool to wind the rear pistons in. Rent at a parts store, or buy from Amazon-they’re inexpensive. The cube shaped tool does not work on these.
Luckily for me I used to be the brakes guy in a shop, I've got a tool set for screw style pistons. (Cornwell has them.on sale one month for 50 bucks off)

It's good to know it's a screw style in the rear. Odd that they used two styles between front and rear though...

·
Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
167 Posts
Channel-locks? I have used needle-nose to screw pistons in, but never channel-locks. When things go well the pliers do fine, but occasionally they just can't get it done and the proper tool is a lifesaver.
Yep ... I was going to order the tool then saw these video's on Youtube and decided, what the heck, I'll try it. 1/4 turn on the piston, 1/4 turn on the c-clamp, I was careful not to score or damage anything. Worked fine.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I agree and agree.

The brake tool kit is cheap enough. I bought a 22 piece set on eBay for less than $20, buy-it-now, not auction style.
White Font Audio equipment Automotive tire Auto part

Reactions: tchr49

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Interesting- this is what i did today as well!
Good for you. The high note horn is such an easy and very affordable upgrade. It transforms the original sickening sound into "Sweet and Healthy". I didn't think the difference would be so dramatic, but it is. It was the best $15 return on invest for my Sky.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Replaced the single factory horn with the dial Fiamm setup.
Interesting- this is what i did today as well!
Did you just add the second horn or use the dual horn setup like this? I did the dual horn setup and it was super easy, no running wires, direct plug 'n play.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Picked up a set of silver painted wheels(on Sunday) and dropped them off at the powder coater on Monday. Once they’re blasted we’ll sit down and figure out what color they’re going to be.
It’s good to have a friend in the business:)

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Picked up a set of silver painted wheels(on Sunday) and dropped them off at the powder coater on Monday.
Why not keep them silver to match the silver windshield frame and tulip? Nothing like having "color coordination".

Opinions will vary.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Why not keep them silver to match the silver windshield frame and tulip? Nothing like having "color coordination".

Opinions will vary.
That’s the plan. I have chrome wheels on it right now. They are perfect and no rim leaks-only have 21k on the car.
Just want a different look. I thought they were too much bling when I bought the car, and personally, I think the addition of Norm’s fenders gives the car a more aggressive look and I like the chrome even less.
Going for more of a toned down look.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Prepped the Heat Shield kit I picked up from Tim today. The shields come bent to form but there are some pretty sharp edges. I Knocked them down with some 220 grit and finished up with 800. Waiting for the heat wrap Tim recommended now. I will apply the wrap and install shielding some time this weekend. Excellent quality btw. Testing and trials indicate a 50 % reduction in radiant heat. Great job Tim 👍🏼

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
347 Posts
So I blacked out my fog and blinkers the other day and thought , ill do the headlights with the lighter film to match the look of the redline... discovered that the headlights are more of a challenge than I thought. Couldn't get the vinyl to lay right on the whole thing so I peeled it off, unfortunately pulled some of the clearcoat off as well🤦‍♂️
So today I pulled them, re sanded both of them and shot them with a coat of clear that I added some black to.. they look good initially, will see what it looks like once its dry and I can see it in the sun .
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Will also be removing the tow hitch that is not used.
If located near Elgin, IL, I would be interested in buying your tow bar with the associated mounting hardware. I'd like to mount a small stylish light weight trunk designed to carry two sets of golf clubs. There must be such a trunk sold somewhere.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
If located near Elgin, IL, I would be interested in buying your tow bar with the associated mounting hardware. I'd like to mount a small stylish light weight trunk designed to carry two sets of golf clubs. There must be such a trunk sold somewhere.
Unfortunately, I’m in Seattle, and the bar was spoken for by a friend with a project of his own.

4021 - 4040 of 4126 Posts