Saturn Sky Forum banner
4061 - 4068 of 4068 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Was yours mostly sun damaged? I'm surprised mine has held up as long as it has considering my car has spent it's entire life in the south. Other than catching wax on the edges of the vinyl it's still mostly clear and not very noticeable. Although I agree with it removed and polished up it looks much better, especially on a black car that already can show every speck of dust and swirl marks.
Honestly, it wasn't too bad but I just kept seeing where people had removed it and it looked sooooo much better. Kept trying to remember to do it and other projects got in the way. Found myself with some spare time today and I just love messing with my car so remembered something I could do on it today! I would say an hour job (including running to the auto parts store for some Goo Gone). Most of that time was spent patiently waiting for each application of Goo Gone to penetrate. Getting the actual Mylar off was easier than the residue it left behind. Lots of elbow grease involved. In my opinion, looks much better!

·
Registered
2007 Saturn Sky 2.4L
13 Posts
Nope. Hit and run! There was a camera on-site from another car that was motion sensor and for some reason that got the plate number and some of what happened lol. So for now my insurance will pay for the damage, but they will pursue with the police report and video.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
That is always my personal nightmare. Not getting in an accident on the road, but having someone just run into you while you are shopping in a store. So many folks can't even drive without hitting something in a parking lot.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nope. Hit and run! There was a camera on-site from another car that was motion sensor and for some reason that got the plate number and some of what happened lol. So for now my insurance will pay for the damage, but they will pursue with the police report and video.
Lucky to get video footage. I'd have been losing my mind on a hit and run.

4061 - 4068 of 4068 Posts