Saturn Sky Forum banner
4081 - 4100 of 4123 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
It's almost as bad as the one they threw on the trunk for OnStar, both look like an afterthought .
I AGREE!. This was my solution for that, a $20 investment that required no modifications to the car.
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

I also agree about the antenna being inside the windshield. That would have been sweet. But I have a mental and reception problem with stubby antennas of every kind so I keep it stock.

At least the top of the stock antenna is high enough to avoid going up your nose as was the case with the Pontiac Fiero. There were multiple incidents of life threatening injuries.

·
Administrator
8,057 Posts
I still miss the antennas that used to be in the windshield.
They do make for a very clean appearance, but their reception is not always good, they require better electronics to work at all, they essentially double the cost of a replacement windshield, and unless you buy one from the OEM (at even higher cost) they may require tuning to work properly.

Reactions: Wnolte1122

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
347 Posts
I AGREE!. This was my solution for that, a $20 investment that required no modifications to the car.
View attachment 119732
View attachment 119731
View attachment 119733
I also agree about the antenna being inside the windshield. That would have been sweet. But I have a mental and reception problem with stubby antennas of every kind so I keep it stock.

At least the top of the stock antenna is high enough to avoid going up your nose as was the case with the Pontiac Fiero. There were multiple incidents of life threatening injuries.
Looks much better, I made mine as the one's available looked to big with the spoiler 🤔

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Looks much better, I made mine as the one's available looked to big with the spoiler 🤔
Thanks!

I believe the one I installed would have an interference problem with the stock rear spoiler.

In my case, because of the large plain surface area, I felt the little rubber one looked lost, out of place.

You did a nice job with yours. It looks exceptional not breaking above the spoiler.

·
Administrator
8,057 Posts
I would not choose to add either one to the car, but the XM/OnStar doesn't bother me enough to go to any effort to remove or replace. I put a small cap on in place of the whip, since I never use the radio, but I do carry the whip in the car in case of a radio "emergency".

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
347 Posts
I would not choose to add either one to the car, but the XM/OnStar doesn't bother me enough to go to any effort to remove or replace. I put a small cap on in place of the whip, since I never use the radio, but I do carry the whip in the car in case of a radio "emergency".
I put a new head unit with serus and GPS so needed to swap out the onstar one and there's a hole in the truck there anyway.. if the car could have been kept stock I would probably have lived w the factory ones..

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ve been studying the idea recently of painting my engine and fuse box cover as have many of our friends on here…
My first attempts with taping off sections for different colors met with only some success as the paint bled under the tape edges even when I used the best tape I could find…
I implemented some other ideas and think I came up with some good results. Attached are some before and after pics. Comments are welcomed, even if you don’t like it because when it comes down to it we own our cars and if we like it that’s all that matters! If you ever posted any pictures of your under-hood work I thank you because I probably saw them after doing MANY searches for ideas!

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle

Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Car Automotive design

Motor vehicle Light Hood Automotive design Vehicle

Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Vehicle

Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire Material property

Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

4081 - 4100 of 4123 Posts