Saturn Sky Forum banner
4101 - 4120 of 4122 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
We bought our Sky with a slick looking 4" tall solid alloy antenna with a small rounded top for safety. What a bad Bad BAD thing that stubby antenna was. I got caught on it all the time, my cuff, my sleeve, my shirt, my electric cord, everything that got near it, got caught on it while working on my Sky. It quickly became my highest priority to remove it which required removing the fender liner to stabilize the base to avoid bending the mounting. Fortunately that stubby alloy antenna came off cleanly without damage to the base.

Adding to the reason to change back to the long stock FM antenna is where we live and also where we travel. That is away from the big city of broadcast origin.

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
347 Posts
I’ve been studying the idea recently of painting my engine and fuse box cover as have many of our friends on here…
My first attempts with taping off sections for different colors met with only some success as the paint bled under the tape edges even when I used the best tape I could find…
I implemented some other ideas and think I came up with some good results. Attached are some before and after pics. Comments are welcomed, even if you don’t like it because when it comes down to it we own our cars and if we like it that’s all that matters! If you ever posted any pictures of your under-hood work I thank you because I probably saw them after doing MANY searches for ideas!

View attachment 119751
View attachment 119754
View attachment 119756
View attachment 119757
View attachment 119755
View attachment 119753
View attachment 119752
Looks awesome! I had so many missing pars when I got mine i had to get creative with my engine bay🙄
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
357 Posts
Put on a steering wheel cover that was from wheel skin …wanted a two tone cashmere steering wheel. I have mixed feelings on it…
That's what makes customizing amazing, you can go with trial and error until those mixed feelings become the feeling that you nailed it for yourself.

It does look as though it could have been a little tighter to the wheel. But I like the color.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Took my car Sky to a car show and enjoyed all the attention it got. There was a gentleman who owned two Corvettes, a red 67’ with 427 and a brand new 2022 Corvette convertible that was quite enamored with my Sky…He wouldn’t however do a swap of “Pinks” for either one of his cars. 🤔
The 2022 Corvette was interesting with how the convertible hardtop mechanism worked and I was surprised with the exposed mechanics/gears that operated the top. To me they seem to be a needlessly exposed
hazard that could have been enclosed.

·
Registered
2008 Sky
754 Posts
My radio has a USB stick in it and I have a 4 TB external hard drive full of every type of music you can think of. I have no problem when it comes to music I have not used the radio really for the 7 years I have had this head unit. In my case it all works very well.
Plant Vehicle Automotive design Vehicle audio Audio equipment

Agree, stubby antennas do not give good reception. I do have a stubby though as I do not listen to radio. Too many commercials and mostly rap garbage. Radio is worthless.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Well, Since I completed the mild restoration last year on my 2007 base with ~120k miles, a few things have surfaced or resurfaced. I am gathering parts and material, now need the time.

• Radio issues. I bought a new radio.
  • Trunk release button became finicky, is now non-functional. I cleaned it during restoration, now bought a new release button.
  • My hood is starting to squeak again. I will increase linear coverage of adhesive between framing and skin.
  • I will add some kind of bump-stop for my fuel door. I have something lying around the house.
  • My a/c system needs a boost of Freon. I already have everything needed for this one.

I just addressed this one a few days ago.
- All 4 of my key fobs got finicky, initially thinking is was dying batteries. I soldered the battery retainers in the circuit boards better which solved the problem with each one.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Well, Since I completed the mild restoration last year on my 2007 base with ~120k miles, a few things have surfaced or resurfaced. I am gathering parts and material, now need the time.

• Radio issues. I bought a new radio.
  • Trunk release button became finicky, is now non-functional. I cleaned it during restoration, now bought a new release button.
  • My hood is starting to squeak again. I will increase linear coverage of adhesive between framing and skin.
  • I will add some kind of bump-stop for my fuel door. I have something lying around the house.
  • My a/c system needs a boost of Freon. I already have everything needed for this one.

I just addressed this one a few days ago.
- All 4 of my key fobs got finicky, initially thinking is was dying batteries. I soldered the battery retainers in the circuit boards better which solved the problem with each one.
I’ve been on the fence on upgrading the radio. What did you get?

4101 - 4120 of 4122 Posts