Saturn Sky Forum banner
4121 - 4140 of 4211 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I’ve been on the fence on upgrading the radio. What did you get?
I went cheap, getting what I hope is the same "working" radio, but the new one is for a 2009 instead of a 2007 like mine. The part numbers are different, but both are US8. I might (or might not) put the car up for sale next month so I don't want to go crazy with expenditures. At this point, I just want the car to be right.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I might (or might not) put the car up for sale next month
Hah! You've been saying this for months!

Reminds me of a line in "The Princess Bride":
“Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely kill you in the morning.”

·
Registered
399 Posts
I went cheap, getting what I hope is the same "working" radio, but the new one is for a 2009 instead of a 2007 like mine. The part numbers are different, but both are US8. I might (or might not) put the car up for sale next month so I don't want to go crazy with expenditures. At this point, I just want the car to be right.
I've been sitting on an Atoto A6 and backup camera for a while jow, just have not found the time to install it.

Out of curiosity, what's driving the potential sale?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Out of curiosity, what's driving the potential sale?
It is quite simple. We are short one garage stall and my wife hates a car left outside. In-season (April thru October) my wife's Jeep stays outside. Off season (November thru March) the Sky is parked under our deck under a canopy outside. I want to build a 3.5 car garage, but my wife won't go for it, and renting a storage unit for $175/month off season makes constructing the canopy worth the effort.

There is also another reason. If we utilized our Sky more, we might feel differently. We average less than 1200 miles per year which is not enough usage to us, along with the expenses of owning a 4th vehicle.

Admittedly we are torn over the idea of selling our Sky, hence we "might" sell it.

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
374 Posts
Almost any good head unit will give you a lot more flexibility, I added one w sirius, Bluetooth, GPS and back up cam. Even the simplest one will alow you to link w your phone.
I eventually upgraded everything. New kenwood head unit and amps, new speakers including a new sub speaker, everything but the pillar tweeters. Hardest part is running wires for all the newer accessories and antennas...
Speedometer Gear shift Car Vehicle Trip computer

Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
847 Posts
Almost any good head unit will give you a lot more flexibility, I added one w sirius, Bluetooth, GPS and back up cam. Even the simplest one will alow you to link w your phone.
I eventually upgraded everything. New kenwood head unit and amps, new speakers including a new sub speaker, everything but the pillar tweeters. Hardest part is running wires for all the newer accessories and antennas... View attachment 119908
View attachment 119909
I’ve been thinking of upgrading my stereo too…were you able to use the existing SiriusXM antenna or did you have to run a new one? BTW, which Kenwood did you add?

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
374 Posts
I’ve been thinking of upgrading my stereo too…were you able to use the existing SiriusXM antenna or did you have to run a new one? BTW, which Kenwood did you add?
I made a new "cover " for the gps and Sirius where the onstar was on the trunk but I think they'll fit in the existing one if you "gut it" . Its an its a dnx 5750 series head unit. I have the same unit in my truck and the back up cam alone is worh it in both vehicles.
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

All the ones I found online where to big and out of scale with the factory spoiler so I made one out of fiberglass and painted the car color

·
Registered
399 Posts
I made a new "cover " for the gps and Sirius where the onstar was on the trunk but I think they'll fit in the existing one if you "gut it" . Its an its a dnx 5750 series head unit. I have the same unit in my truck and the back up cam alone is worh it in both vehicles. View attachment 119920

All the ones I found online where to big and out of scale with the factory spoiler so I made one out of fiberglass and painted the car color
You never fail to impress with how well thought put and then executed your mods are.

Bravo once again, and I'm sure it won't be the last time I find myself in awe of your work.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I made a new "cover " for the gps and Sirius where the onstar was on the trunk but I think they'll fit in the existing one if you "gut it" . Its an its a dnx 5750 series head unit. I have the same unit in my truck and the back up cam alone is worh it in both vehicles. View attachment 119920

Well done! Thanks for the tip-Bill

·
Registered
446 Posts
Finished up my exterior switch to LED lights.
Couldn’t believe how easy the tail lights came out. Sometimes you just get lucky. Waiting on tires-can’t get the size for a few weeks.
I went 255/45 on the other car and like the extra width. Have my spare set of rims at the powder coater. Going to give the chromies a rest for now.

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
374 Posts
You never fail to impress with how well thought put and then executed your mods are.

Bravo once again, and I'm sure it won't be the last time I find myself in awe of your work.
I suprise myself sometimes with the level of knowledge and experience I've gotten. Hard work does pay off after all🙄

4121 - 4140 of 4211 Posts