Saturn Sky Forum banner
4141 - 4160 of 4211 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Took my wife out in it for the first time on Satuday for our Anniversary (6 years). When we got home I left it in the driveway and this morning I went to switch the cars around to garage it. When I went to get out of the car the inside door handle broke. Something inside came unclipped. So I started to work on it tonight. I got the two screws out and then decided I didn't like the light situration in my garage, which I started to fix the week I got the car. So I decided to finish mounting and wiring 4 of the 10 lights (4 were already done, two more to go once I can get some more electrical boxes and romex).
Once that was done I finished getting the other two bolts out and then removed the door panel (Thank you to those who came before and posted how to do it). I saw where the clip came undone so I tried to see if I could get it back in place. It worked, so I started to put the door back on, each bold and screw testing the door handle again. Finally get it all put back together and went for the final test, and it broke again. So now here it sits while I wait for a replacement handle to arrive on Wednesday.
That part that really sucks is that I used to have a replacement door handle I got for my Cobalt SS years and years ago. I tried to look for it tonight, but no luck, I'm sure I tossed it years ago after I sold it. Or I'll find it next weekend while looking for something else.
Bumper Bicycle part Automotive exterior Musical instrument accessory Composite material

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got my new tires on today, then finished putting on the last of the DDMWorks brace bundle. Then I put on the new door handle so I can get out of the car again. Finished kinda late so took it out for a quick spin around town. It's too bad I have to work the next couple of days.
I also started 3D printing a triple gauge pod for above the HVAC controls, but will have to adjust it just a bit more. Pretty happy how well it fit so far.

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
374 Posts
Got my new tires on today, then finished putting on the last of the DDMWorks brace bundle. Then I put on the new door handle so I can get out of the car again. Finished kinda late so took it out for a quick spin around town. It's too bad I have to work the next couple of days.
I also started 3D printing a triple gauge pod for above the HVAC controls, but will have to adjust it just a bit more. Pretty happy how well it fit so far.
Speedometer Gear shift Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

I made one out of fiberglass to accept 1 1/2" gauges...

·
Registered
44 Posts
That looks really good! Great job on it. Ia haven't decided what I'll do to finish it yet. I've fiberglassed before, but didn't turn out well. But that was also about 15 years ago and I have much better tools and skills now.

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
That part that really sucks is that I used to have a replacement door handle I got for my Cobalt SS years and years ago. I tried to look for it tonight, but no luck, I'm sure I tossed it years ago after I sold it. Or I'll find it next weekend while looking for something else.
The number of times that's happened to me! Arrgh.

·
Premium Member
2007 emerald green 2.4
374 Posts
That looks really good! Great job on it. Ia haven't decided what I'll do to finish it yet. I've fiberglassed before, but didn't turn out well. But that was also about 15 years ago and I have much better tools and skills now.
It had been awhile for me as well but I spent the younger part of life as a boat builder so it came back pretty easy. patience is what i had to re- learn more than anything else 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I always wondered why the attraction to the small back-up light version.

My back-up light is full size, but smoked for some reason. I want to replace it with a full plain clear lens. Afterall, it is the only light, and the more light emitted, the better I can see backing up.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

I thought there must be a film added from a previous owner, but NO, it's a real smoked lens. I hate it.

I wonder if early production had a smoked lens, later changed to a clear lens to address complaints from owners, and maybe even the NTSB got involved.

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
I always wondered why the attraction to the small back-up light version.

My back-up light is full size, but smoked for some reason. I want to replace it with a full plain clear lens. Afterall, it is the only light, and the more light emitted, the better I can see backing up.
View attachment 120075
I thought there must be a film added from a previous owner, but NO, it's a real smoked lens. I hate it.

I wonder if early production had a smoked lens, later changed to a clear lens to address complaints from owners, and maybe even the NTSB got involved.
I believe that my NA predates yours and it has a clear backup light. Yours could have been spray-timted.

4141 - 4160 of 4211 Posts