Saturn Sky Forum banner
4261 - 4280 of 4289 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sorry, but I cannot get past that dang red mark up top. If only it wasn't there.

For my particular Sky, the red stitching would also be out of place.
View attachment 120826
But it helps you keep your hands at 10 and 2?😊
Or, in my case, now I know when I’m going in a straight line…..
Call it low tech lane assist

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
View attachment 120651

As promised-here’s the updated rear diffuser from Norm with the Opel GT reverse/fog light installed.
It will look better when I get the quad tip Solo system in place but that will have to be an after Black Friday deal.
You know, I've always been a bit jealous of the states that have the darker license plates. Just a better look to me.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
today i changed the battery. what an absolute fun adventure that was lol
Isn't it though? Someone tells you "Hey, you have to take the fender off to change the battery" and you go, okay. Then you have to TAKE THE FENDER OFF to change the battery and you realize... engineers and computers do not make great car guys or mechanics, in almost all cases. The Saturn Vue is also afflicted in this manner. Master Cylinder went out in mine, was gonna cost upwards of $1200 to fix. Because you have to take the engine out to take the transmission out to remove/replace the master cylinder which is INSIDE the transmission. I sold it instead.

·
Registered
948 Posts
You know, I've always been a bit jealous of the states that have the darker license plates. Just a better look to me.
For fun, you should check out myplates.com and see all of the custom options we get here in TX. They're expensive, but we have probably the most options for custom plates in the nation as far as designs and colors go. The downside is works out to like $450 for 5 years being the cheapest option to have a custom plate. I've been eyeballing a blue plate for my bluestone as I think it would match pretty close.
Rectangle Font Electric blue Brand Graphics

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Put new tires all around.
Left the house to get an inspection sticker. Plan was to spend $7 for the inspection then off the Lunch and a nice day. Well on the way to the inspection shop I had a flat on the right rear. I noticed it was pulling to the right but didnt know I had a flat so I continued on. Got out at the shop and looked. IT WAS FLAT. I asked the shop to fix it and do the annual inspection. Tire was wasted and with no spare I had to call a lady friend that came and took me to Discount Tire where I ordered a set of four. Drove back and unloadede the tires ($600) then $140 to have them mounted and the inspection. Then at 6pm I had spent near $1000 and had not had lunch or dinner.

• Angry
Reactions: CoopSky

·
Registered
867 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

For fun, you should check out myplates.com and see all of the custom options we get here in TX. They're expensive, but we have probably the most options for custom plates in the nation as far as designs and colors go. The downside is works out to like $450 for 5 years being the cheapest option to have a custom plate. I've been eyeballing a blue plate for my bluestone as I think it would match pretty close.
View attachment 120871
In Wisconsin a vanity plate is $108 per year. Love to take my Sky to shows and always asked “What kind of car is it?” Amazing how many don’t look at the plates and still ask…. 😇

·
Registered
948 Posts
View attachment 120873

In Wisconsin a vanity plate is $108 per year. Love to take my Sky to shows and always asked “What kind of car is it?” Amazing how many don’t look at the plates and still ask…. 😇
Oh that $450 for 5 years is just the fee for the custom plates, we still have vehicle registration too which is about $80 per year depending on your county. So the true cost is about double the standard issued plates per year cost when you you pay up front for 5 years. Otherwise if you renew it yearly the custom plate fee is $150 plus registration

·
Registered
432 Posts
I parked near me for the winter. Cleaned the garage, cleaned the car, and parked it in the garage.

Gonna buy a battery maintainer. Headlights are coming off to clean up. I'll probably put in the new head unit during this winter too.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I parked near me for the winter. Cleaned the garage, cleaned the car, and parked it in the garage.

Gonna buy a battery maintainer. Headlights are coming off to clean up. I'll probably put in the new head unit during this winter too.
It’s crazy to me sometimes to think folks are prepping for winter already in some areas, we hit just under 100 today in central TX. It’s fall officially, but that just means it’s summer phase 2 now, but with pumpkins everywhere basically.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
The best method for painting calipers (and drums) is to first remove, then sandblast them.
Automotive tire Gas Auto part Wood Machine

Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle brake Locking hubs Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Car

Automotive tire Locking hubs Rim Bumper Gas

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Car

Personally, I like the simple gray color.....as you might have guessed.

I did this on my mother's Chevy Tracker in preparation to sell it. The wheels and brakes didn't reflect it's extremely low 21,700 miles.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Locking hubs

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Automotive design

4261 - 4280 of 4289 Posts