Saturn Sky Forum banner
4321 - 4335 of 4335 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Changed the oil and (original?) coolant. Threw in the set of check valves I had lying around just for good measure.
Going to enjoy the last week or ten days of good weather before the trips get few and far between. After all, anything goes when it’s November in Michigan…

·
Registered
91 Posts
Blu Has a New Battery
Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

There are several videos on YouTube showing how to do this. . Here are a couple of tips that aren't mentioned:

1. Only follow instructions if they're shown on a Sky if that's what you have. The fender is just a little different on the Solstice allowing access to a couple of bolts you can't reach on the Sky without removing the outer fender skin first.

2. Even if the video shows it's impossible to remove the battery without opening the 'cage' on the outside, try it anyway. Some owners have had success while others haven't. There might have been a change in the design between years. If you can leave the cage in place you won't have to re-align the fender after swapping batteries.

3. Turn your front wheels all the way to the right. This will give you easy access to several screws that have to be removed from the inner liner.

4. This is a little over the top but if you have one or can borrow one an OBD Memory Saver ( https://amzn.to/3UdOWPW ) will prevent your having to reset all of your radio settings and anything else in the car dependent on constant battery power. I've had one since 2016 and this is only the second time I've ever used it.
Hood Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire Automotive design

5. If you don't want to do the install yourself, purchase a battery from a GM (Chevy) dealership. They usually include the install in the battery price. Big box stores (lookin' at you Walmart) will not install the battery in your Sky.

6. Some owners choose to remove the right front tire and inner liner to reach the battery. This may or may not be easier but if you have a Red Line don't forget to reinstall the brake cooling duct.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
With the battery connected to the car, I make a habit of slow-charging (4 amp setting) the battery once a month. When stored off season outside in the cold under a canopy, I slow-charge the battery, disconnect the negative terminal and isolate it, and it's good until spring.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Damn red top battery only lasted 2yrs and I can’t figure out what place I bought it so I’m SOL and had to install a new battery on my dime

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Damn red top battery only lasted 2yrs and I can’t figure out what place I bought it so I’m SOL and had to install a new battery on my dime
Well- that Sucks- such is our price we have to pay to drive the coolest car out there.
I'm on my 3rd battery currently @ 57K for a 14-year-old car. Once every 4 years give or take
your results will vary, however.

No battery power for your car-
then it just becomes another yard art piece.

* I went to dinner last night with my good buddy and a guy in the parking lot asks me-
Hey buddy- what kinda car is that? Well partner- it is a car the runs & drives cause my battery works.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I set up my temporary car port again, but I am holding out for a few more top-down opportunities before parking our Sky there for the winter.

This picture was taken a year ago.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Next summer, I plan to install a permanent under-the-deck roof for year-round patio protection for a variety of benefits. I plan to use this material mounted at a significant pitch to drain the water towards the yard.
Wood Material property Rectangle Font Hardwood

·
Administrator
8,700 Posts
I set up my temporary car port again, but I am holding out for a few more top-down opportunities before parking our Sky there for the winter.

This picture was taken a year ago.

Next summer, I plan to install a permanent under-the-deck roof for year-round patio protection for a variety of benefits. I plan to use this material mounted at a significant pitch to drain the water towards the yard.
Have you looked at the drainage systems designed for use between the deck joists? They are more expensive, but are very effective and significantly nicer looking.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Have you looked at the drainage systems designed for use between the deck joists? They are more expensive, but are very effective and significantly nicer looking.
We have seen deck systems where the ceiling looks exceptional. This under-deck area is not nice enough to consider such a ceiling system, especially with the steel shed being right there. So we are thinking "affordable & functional" corrugated galvanized steel for the sake of cost. We also think it won't look bad.

You don't see it well in that picture, but there is an 4 foot upper deck to the left that is a lot longer which is a dumping ground for the house a/c unit, composter, seasonal fence and post storage, landscape aggrregate, and more, so it's not a place of glamour.

·
Registered
994 Posts
We have seen deck systems where the ceiling looks exceptional. This under-deck area is not nice enough to consider such a ceiling system, especially with the steel shed being right there. So we are thinking "affordable & functional" corrugated galvanized steel for the sake of cost. We also think it won't look bad.

You don't see it well in that picture, but there is an 4 foot upper deck to the left that is a lot longer which is a dumping ground for the house a/c unit, composter, seasonal fence and post storage, landscape aggrregate, and more, so it's not a place of glamour.
I think that would work nicely with what you are trying to do. Just install some purlins at progressing heights to create your slope away from the structure and it should channel the moisture away nicely. You're basically just installing an upside down roof. You can even add a gutter system if you want to flow the water away.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I think that would work nicely with what you are trying to do. Just install some purlins at progressing heights to create your slope away from the structure and it should channel the moisture away nicely. You're basically just installing an upside down roof. You can even add a gutter system if you want to flow the water away.
You described my plan exactly, only without a gutter. I will just let the water drip on the cement patio along that edge.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Added a center brake light modulator (flasher).

It's an old one I had lying around from timers.shop. The old M1 model now replaced by the newer X1. I was able to set the flash rates for both fast and slow flash, the lowest brightness (1-17) which allows the user to go from full brightness to off or anywhere in between and (most important) a time out setting so in traffic the flash isn't triggered unless I'm off the brake for at least 20 seconds. So, my settings, six really fast flashes followed by five slow pulses then full on. Subject to change.

Cheers!

4321 - 4335 of 4335 Posts