Saturn Sky Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 3844 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,238 Posts
Thanks MARVIC, it looks really close to factory. If I had a chance to sand it smooth before he painted it you would swear the car came like that. Looks really good.

My son and I are doing movie night at Sonic tonight...going to head over to our local Sonic for dinner, top down, and pop in a movie. LOL

·
7,028 Posts
Nawwwww...went just fine. Had a good time and the sound...wow.

Scotch guard and protect the leather...condition it...wears well.
Hehehe, I'm not talking about protecting the leather, I'm talking about the seat belt device under the cushion..... :willy:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Now if he was dancing in the seat...
Dancing!!!!!! There really is no room to do anything in the car, I don't care how creative you are........:lol:

Terry

·
Registered
480 Posts
Cleahrly you've nevah beeen tah Singapore, mate. ;)
Are you sure you don't mean Bangkok my friend? Been to Singapore many times. So, if I'm wrong and I missed something I should go back for a closer look!!!!

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
dancing!!!!!! There really is no room to do anything in the car, i don't care how creative you are........:lol:

Terry
i beg to differ!!!:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Today I discovered in hurricane-force winds, that my Sky's rear window needs to be re-sealed :(

It looks like I caught it in time. Put a towel in and it took eight hours to soak up. Heaviest rains my Sky has been exposed to since owning it, and nothing before that caused any leaks. No apparent water tracking at the time I put it in, but I'll pop off panels after the storm clears to verify.

Relevant photo: http://twitter.com/chrisprice/status/543147501851660288

·
Registered
368 Posts
Will go out on a limb and guess that you're talking about the back window.
Fixed. It did track into the car, unfortunately... running a small stream of water right on top of my OnStar VCIM. It's dead.

Thankfully it's the old OnStar 7.0 VCIM that came with the car, and not the Bluetooth OnStar 8.2 VCIM that's sitting on my desk. Dodged a bullet there.

·
7,028 Posts
Fixed. It did track into the car, unfortunately... running a small stream of water right on top of my OnStar VCIM. It's dead.

Thankfully it's the old OnStar 7.0 VCIM that came with the car, and not the Bluetooth OnStar 8.2 VCIM that's sitting on my desk. Dodged a bullet there.
Chris, how did you fix the leak coming from the back window that's mounted on the canvas top?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got my little sky back from the shop! Soooo, excited! A year and a half ago I bought a factory spoiler & Norm's rear fascia ( tucked away in spare bedroom all this time!) Recently, was able to get a set of Norm's fenders, as mine were cracked when the tire shop lifted it improperly. ...aaargh! Decided it was time to purchase the exhaust (John at Hottexhaust gave me a "smoking-hott" deal!) Took everything to my local guy, a spoiler, new fascia, two new fenders, a magnaflow dual exhaust, and a stubby chrome antenna later, it felt like a NEW
CAR! Really sporty & beautiful. Xmas came early this year, it was totally worth the wait! Merry Christmas everyone! Kristy :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Chris, how did you fix the leak coming from the back window that's mounted on the canvas top?
Initially with a towel. Tomorrow I'm taking it in to have the TSB applied - which is basically taking 3M silicon sealant and a caulking gun. Could do it myself but I have a couple of other extended warranty claims to put in (trunk and a keyless entry TSB too).

I caught it right as the storm came in, no harm done aside from the OnStar VCIM. Despite raining continuously for 48 hours I only had to swap out the towel once.

1521 - 1540 of 3844 Posts