Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a reference to an "image" date on several persons' signature and haven't been able to pin down exactly what that means. I am sure it's listed here in the forum somewhere, but when searching to find an answer, I get hits on everyone's signature date. Also tried looking manually but there are too many posts to weed through. Can anyone explain it for me? I "get" the order & delivery date sequences but it's not clear about what the image date means.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I'm pretty sure it means that your dealer has a allocation slot or spot that he can order you car from the factory. Until you are imaged you are just on the waiting list.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Think of it like the word says -- it is the order of your SKY with everything on it that you want -- a snapshot/image of your car's description. That "image" or order is sent and when it gets "picked up" and you start seeing status codes beginning with 3000 -- that means your image is really an order -- before that you are on a waiting list...

Take, for instance me -- My "order" was in on 1/19/06.... But my image was 3/23/06 -- not until then did I have an actual order, it was just a wish list.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Take, for instance me -- My "order" was in on 1/19/06.... But my image was 3/23/06 -- not until then did I have an actual order, it was just a wish list.
Yeah, that's a pretty good eplanation. I like to think of it this way...

When you are standing in line at a burger joint, you're a customer that wants a burger. (The good news is that they don't make you pay a deposit to get the right to stand in line.) As you move up, they have specific plans to make your burger, but you are indeed still just a customer on the "wait list." You're number five in line, then number four, then number three... The excitement builds. :drool:

Then, when you get to the register, they have a "candidate slot" available to make your burger. You can have it how you want it. That can be thought of as "an allocation." Once you say exactly how you want your burger, it goes into the order pool and is "imaged." The computer, (or the little slip of paper on the spinning rack in the window to the kitchen) will say what you want... Extra Onions, No Pickle, Red Leather, Limited Slip Differential... You know, burger stuff. :skep:

So now there is an "order." And they even give you an "order number" to go along with your "image."

That does NOT mean that they have started building your burger yet. And, if you order it before 10:30, they may take your order but say that there is a "constraint on cheeseburgers because we are still cooking breakfast." :bs: But let's not go there for now.

Then, one magic moment, some guy in the kitchen looks at your slip and says "Okay, we're going to build this burger next." You now have a "TPW" - or Tentative Production, er, "Week." And, if all goes well, they will start cooking your burger when they say they will. Of course, a constraint may come up in the kitchen - "Oh no! We're out of bacon! We have to whip up some more!" That can cause a delay.

What happens then, see, is that the lady with the two bratty kids who were kicking you in the back of the knees while you were standing in line? Remember them? Well, you see that THEY get THEIR food FIRST! How can that be? I mean, they're throwing Chicken Globules at each other, and you're still waiting! And you were in line first - AHEAD OF THEM!!! :mad:

Life is so unfair. :confused:

But, eventually, your burger is built, and they put in on the tray, and you wait for the very slow senior citizen or pimply-faced kid to come around and take your order to your table. Sometimes this can be very fast between the time when the burger is done and gets to your table. Sometimes it can sit under the heat lamp for a while, and when it finally makes it onto the tray the confused delivery person wanders around the dining room several times :willy: looking for the little flag that is sitting CLEARLY on the END OF YOUR TABLE... WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM? HOW CAN IT TAKE THIS LONG???? I JUST WANT MY BURGER - NOW! :brentil:

I'm sorry. What was the question again? :)

Oh yes. So then you get your burger, and it comes on a tray with a little paper sheet on it. These are known as "mandatory dealer options." You don't have a choice. You have to get those if you want your burger. Then, just before you leave, you drop a little bit of change on the table. This is known as a "Fair Market Price Adjustment." :thumbs:

Then, you go home, and post pictures of your burger on the forum, and tell everybody that it is just the best burger ever, and that they're all going to love their burgers, too, if they ever get them, but you can't explain how great the burger really is, and they all think you're kind of nuts...

Then, one guy, compares his burger to that which is made at a similar restaurant owned by the same company, pointing out the differences between the two... And he gets called a JERK - and then...

Oh, sorry. I think I'm done.
:leaving:

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm amazed to report that I actually followed the burger logic right up to the part where that went ....."ok we're gonna build this burget next"....and all of a sudden that old MickeyD's ....." hold the pickel, hold the ........." song/ryme massively exploded into whatw was left of my brain..........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:banghead:
Now I can't get it out:smash:

·
Registered
432 Posts
CUINOZ said:
I'm amazed to report that I actually followed the burger logic right up to the part where that went ....."ok we're gonna build this burget next"....and all of a sudden that old MickeyD's ....." hold the pickel, hold the ........." song/ryme massively exploded into whatw was left of my brain..........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:banghead:
That's where the similarities end, anyway, for most people. It seems about half the time the "special order" is wrong, and it leaves you wondering "why did I order this burger in the first place? Maybe I should take it back and get the chicken instead?" I don't think that happens for most SKY owners. (Although I can't say for sure, since I don't have mine yet!)

·
Registered
692 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
CUINOZ said:
Ahem.

Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce,
special orders don't upset us,
all we as is that you let us
serve it your way...

Have it your way,
Have it your way,
Have it your way,
At Burger King...

They spend MILLIONS on an ad campaign (not counting what they paid the vocalists, I'm sure) and you attribute the song to the arch-enemy.

Some advertising guy just puked somewhere...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
jdigiant said:
Yeah, that's a pretty good eplanation. I like to think of it this way...

When you are standing in line at a burger joint, you're a customer that wants a burger. (The good news is that they don't make you pay a deposit to get the right to stand in line.) As you move up, they have specific plans to make your burger, but you are indeed still just a customer on the "wait list." You're number five in line, then number four, then number three... The excitement builds. :drool:

Then, when you get to the register, they have a "candidate slot" available to make your burger. You can have it how you want it. That can be thought of as "an allocation." Once you say exactly how you want your burger, it goes into the order pool and is "imaged." The computer, (or the little slip of paper on the spinning rack in the window to the kitchen) will say what you want... Extra Onions, No Pickle, Red Leather, Limited Slip Differential... You know, burger stuff. :skep:

So now there is an "order." And they even give you an "order number" to go along with your "image."

That does NOT mean that they have started building your burger yet. And, if you order it before 10:30, they may take your order but say that there is a "constraint on cheeseburgers because we are still cooking breakfast." :bs: But let's not go there for now.

Then, one magic moment, some guy in the kitchen looks at your slip and says "Okay, we're going to build this burger next." You now have a "TPW" - or Tentative Production, er, "Week." And, if all goes well, they will start cooking your burger when they say they will. Of course, a constraint may come up in the kitchen - "Oh no! We're out of bacon! We have to whip up some more!" That can cause a delay.

What happens then, see, is that the lady with the two bratty kids who were kicking you in the back of the knees while you were standing in line? Remember them? Well, you see that THEY get THEIR food FIRST! How can that be? I mean, they're throwing Chicken Globules at each other, and you're still waiting! And you were in line first - AHEAD OF THEM!!! :mad:

Life is so unfair. :confused:

But, eventually, your burger is built, and they put in on the tray, and you wait for the very slow senior citizen or pimply-faced kid to come around and take your order to your table. Sometimes this can be very fast between the time when the burger is done and gets to your table. Sometimes it can sit under the heat lamp for a while, and when it finally makes it onto the tray the confused delivery person wanders around the dining room several times :willy: looking for the little flag that is sitting CLEARLY on the END OF YOUR TABLE... WHAT IS THEIR PROBLEM? HOW CAN IT TAKE THIS LONG???? I JUST WANT MY BURGER - NOW!

I'm sorry. What was the question again? :)

Oh yes. So then you get your burger, and it comes on a tray with a little paper sheet on it. These are known as "mandatory dealer options." You don't have a choice. You have to get those if you want your burger. Then, just before you leave, you drop a little bit of change on the table. This is known as a "Fair Market Price Adjustment." :thumbs:

Then, you go home, and post pictures of your burger on the forum, and tell everybody that it is just the best burger ever, and that they're all going to love their burgers, too, if they ever get them, but you can't explain how great the burger really is, and they all think you're kind of nuts...

Then, one guy, compares his burger to that which is made at a similar restaurant owned by the same company, pointing out the differences between the two... And he gets called a JERK - and then...

Oh, sorry. I think I'm done.
:leaving:
I'm fairly certain that this was the best explanation I ever got about a car question using a hamburger as an example.....and from a "jerk" no less??? Thanks! Now, if they'd just hurry up and finish my burger - I'm hungry. :drool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've converted re-order point systems to MRP to Kanbahn systems. They don't make enough booze to explain how it works to the "every day person". In addition, when it's all said and done, it doesn't tell anyone when they're going to get what they want.

I just want my car. Don't tell me to be patient! This isn't fun any more.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Roadsky said:
Now, if they'd just hurry up and finish my burger - I'm hungry. :drool:
Me too!!! Maybe Saturn could offer some free appetizers while we're waiting for our burgers. :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
No crap.....Burger King.............oh well, sorry Mr. Ad man, hope you didn't get any ON YOU!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts