Saturn Sky Forum banner

Do you carry a roadside kit?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2008 Sky Redline - Manual - Emerald Metallic
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having read through many posts on the forum I have discovered that many kappa owners appear to have formulated their own version of a Road Kit (Parts & Tools) that somehow fit in the car. These kits often are referred to in many posts in the sense "Glad I had this in the car...."
My sky did not have the factory Air Pump when I got her. I carry a can of Fix-a-Flat.
I would like to invite the Forum to submit their Road Kit Inventory and pictures also.
I think many of us would find this to be valuable information and experience!

One item in particular would be what you are utilizing to hold this kit and where it fits in the car. 馃馃

Administrator
I do not carry fix-a-flat. I do have a tire inflator (air pump) and a plug kit. I also carry both engine accessory belts, a set of bulbs, and the tools needed to change them. I have a zippered pouch that fits in the space in the bulkhead between the trunk and the cockpit for everything except the inflator, and that lives in a holder that i installed over the battery.

Also in my travel kit, but in a separate container, is a cutting board, knife, corkscrew, plates, wine glasses, and assorted other essentials for a roadside picnic.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do not carry fix-a-flat. I do have a tire inflator (air pump) and a plug kit. I also carry both engine accessory belts, a set of bulbs, and the tools needed to change them. I have a zippered pouch that fits in the space in the bulkhead between the trunk and the cockpit for everything except the inflator, and that lives in a holder that i installed over the battery.

Also in my travel kit, but in a separate container, is a cutting board, knife, corkscrew, plates, wine glasses, and assorted other essentials for a roadside picnic.

John, how about a picture of this holder over the battery?

Administrator
John, how about a picture of this holder over the battery?
Here you go:
Wheel Tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I didn't think about it because it moves to whatever car I am driving, but I also take one of the smaller NOCO jump batteries. It saved us on a trip to Florida in the Encore when the battery died completely after one slow start. I did learn on that trip to be careful where I pack it because with a dead battery, none of the electric door latches will work. In the Sky it travels behind my seat, and not in the electrically opened trunk.

Registered
I carry a small toolbag with a few wrenches, sockets, pliers and screwdrivers. Can fix about anything topside of the engine on the side of the road. All my vehicles have a plug kit, F4 tape, first aid kit, and air compressor.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here you go:
View attachment 119327 View attachment 119328

I didn't think about it because it moves to whatever car I am driving, but I also take one of the smaller NOCO jump batteries. It saved us on a trip to Florida in the Encore when the battery died completely after one slow start. I did learn on that trip to be careful where I pack it because with a dead battery, none of the electric door latches will work. In the Sky it travels behind my seat, and not in the electrically opened trunk.
John, what brand is that air compressor? This is a very tidy setup!!! ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I carry a small toolbag with a few wrenches, sockets, pliers and screwdrivers. Can fix about anything topside of the engine on the side of the road. All my vehicles have a plug kit, F4 tape, first aid kit, and air compressor.
F4 Tape?

Premium Member
Change of clothes, towel (because you should always have one), jump starter, battery cables (not for me but for others who are afraid of the jump starter), air compressor, few other odds and ends, and like mentioned earlier a AAA card. Because one day you won't be able to fix it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts