Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I searched this forum and read of people stating different silver paint codes and names. Either it's bad information or there are different silver colors for the following universal Sky parts.

I need touch-up paint for all of the following. I would appreciate "confirmed" paint codes.

• center console shifter area
  • windshield frame
  • behind the seats (the tulip)
My chrome wheels have their fair share of wear and tear. I would really like to get them powder-coated the same silver color, but wonder if the chrome can be removed, either by sand basting or chemically etched. I have limited access to a sand blaster, but I have too much going on with Money Pit for that distraction.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Light Tarnished Silver Metallic 67, 994L, WA994L
Hi All,

I searched this forum and read of people stating different silver paint codes and names. Either it's bad information or there are different silver colors for the following universal Sky parts.

I need touch-up paint for all of the following. I would appreciate "confirmed" paint codes.

• center console shifter area
  • windshield frame
  • behind the seats (the tulip)
My chrome wheels have their fair share of wear and tear. I would really like to get them powder-coated the same silver color, but wonder if the chrome can be removed, either by sand basting or chemically etched. I have limited access to a sand blaster, but I have too much going on with Money Pit for that distraction.
Saturn Sky Paint Codes

Light Tarnished Silver Metallic 67, 994L, WA994L

·
Super Moderator
5,270 Posts
Everything I have seen agrees with the WA-994L paint code.

As far as stripping the chrome, I think you need to talk to a professional wheel shop. I can see you doing a lot of work and ending up with a mess if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should I assume the same paint code applies to all 3 applications?

I agree with you about the wheel chrome. I was hoping someone here has experience doing it.

·
Super Moderator
5,270 Posts
Should I assume the same paint code applies to all 3 applications?

I agree with you about the wheel chrome. I was hoping someone here has experience doing it.
Everything I have seen says yes, they are all the same, but I have not had reason to verify it.

You might be able to find a cheap set of polished or painted wheels to powdercoat.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Hi All, ...............My chrome wheels have their fair share of wear and tear. I would really like to get them powder-coated the same silver color, but wonder if the chrome can be removed, either by sand basting or chemically etched. I have limited access to a sand blaster, but I have too much going on with Money Pit for that distraction.

I spoke to someone that does powder coating a couple years back. He told me rather spending a lot of extra money trying to blast off the chrome on the wheels just buy a pair of painted rims from someone that has done a wheel swap already. Check CList, Flebay and FB I have send painted wheel sets in the $100-$300.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts