Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My dealer said that they have an image GGR867 which I was next in line for and need to put down what I want they have 24 hours before it gets locked..

GGR867

Sunburst Yellow
LSD
Spoiler

This was all done yesterday 4/5/2006 My birthday " YEAH " :D

So how do I check status what exactly does that number mean?

I am new here so be gentle...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Yep...sounds like an order # to me. :thumbs: You're halfway there once you get that...now comes the true test of patience. :D :willy:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Roadster1970 said:
My dealer said that they have an image GGR867 which I was next in line for and need to put down what I want they have 24 hours before it gets locked..

GGR867

Sunburst Yellow
LSD
Spoiler

That is your order number -- look at my signature -- they are unique and in alphanumeric order I believe. So yours is after mine (makes sense I imaged before you) . . Now you wait til they night shift builds ou one.. Just like us!
GREAT color choice!! Welcome to the Sunni Sky Club!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick Tinley Park said:
That is your order number -- look at my signature -- they are unique and in alphanumeric order I believe. So yours is after mine (makes sense I imaged before you) . . Now you wait til they night shift builds ou one.. Just like us!
GREAT color choice!! Welcome to the Sunni Sky Club!
My dealer was saying they have only received 2 and maybe one a month after that. MAN at that rate I will get mine in august... MAYBE????
Are they running full production now?
If GM is hurting as bad as they are then PUMP those suckers out fast and make some money people want to buy these just cannot suppy...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Roadster1970 said:
My dealer was saying they have only received 2 and maybe one a month after that. MAN at that rate I will get mine in august... MAYBE????
If GM is hurting as bad as they are then PUMP those suckers out fast and make some money people want to buy these just cannot suppy...
As discussed here before -- they are running 3 shifts already.... Do you REALLY want them to slap yours together as fast as they can....?
I have had $$ down since August 13 2005... I can wait...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Roadster1970 said:

GGR867

Sunburst Yellow
LSD
Spoiler

If you want Yellow with LSD and spoiler... there ya go...

If you want a different color, a certain interior color, a certain rim type, a certain radio system, spoiler or not, LSD or not, etc... you may want to tell your retailer that before the 24 hours is up.

·
Registered
370 Posts

Gee, isn't he talking about the boost your image may get from driving such a nice car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SunneySky said:
Gee, isn't he talking about the boost your image may get from driving such a nice car?
Exactly what I was thinking...

I picked the color and options I was next in line..
I put down $500 on March 3 and was in 7th place they have already delivered 2.. From what I was also told that 4 others want red/black and rims which again from what I have heard they have been put on hold until they get more.. SOOOO my dealer said my image will get bumped up because they want to sell the vehicle that is available and the options I choose are all available..

Who Knows... We will see... :drool:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Roadster1970 said:
You don;t realize that this car takes some complicated manufacturing techniques, and that is the main reason they cannot build them any faster. To build more they would have to open another assembly line plus buy the equipment to manufacture more hydroformed panels and chassis components... making those are what takes the most time.. plus if you have read this forum much you would see some suppliers are having a hard time keeping up witht he demand for certian parts, like the Chrome Wheels...

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
As discussed here before -- they are running 3 shifts already.... Do you REALLY want them to slap yours together as fast as they can....?
I have had $$ down since August 13 2005... I can wait...
Don't remember what article it was or how I got pointed to it, but one of the big car magazines had a pretty detailed article online about how they are building the Solstice/Sky/Opel GT, and it is not you convential car assembly line. Because of the way the cars are built it is half assembly line, half hand built, so it takes a bit more skill and time to build each car. I know it seems like a long time (ask my wife and she will tell you I am :willy: ) but when you think you are getting a special order limited production hand built car, it is not a bad wait at all.:thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts