Saturn Sky Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
That little grey clitoris-like thingy is the sensor tip.
I'm not "sure" that particular description is IN- the GM manual word for word
but it has nice ring to it. I can just see it now- walking into
the local parts store- asking for this item with descriptive TS
language in tow. The store clerk goes... Hmmmm. Wait let
me ask my boss about this one. 2 minute discussion now commences.
SO... that's what that little thing is. Part- NLA. What a shame...
when there are.. so many of them around.

LAC

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Yes it's the temp sensor. It's not disconnected, that little grey clitoris-like thingy is the sensor tip.
You Pontiac guys are just jealous that you don't have one, a thermometer that is.
Guess that is why the Solstice crowd always tried to call the Saturn Sky "a chick car" ?

·
Registered
867 Posts
You Pontiac guys are just jealous that you don't have one, a thermometer that is.
Guess that is why the Solstice crowd always tried to call the Saturn Sky "a chick car" ?
I’m just glad on this site we can have adult technical discussions. It’s a relief that the conversation didn’t denigrate to the lowest possible denominator.
I have friends that teach auto mechanics at both the high school and college levels. Simply teaching the sequence of operations by which a reciprocating engine converts heat energy into mechanical energy has turned into the proverbial minefield as previously used terminology may be deemed offensive.
Perhaps as a public service we investigate automotive terms that could be deemed as offensive and come up with terms that are both gender neutral and non offensive in today’s Politically Correct environment.
In the case of draining a radiator, I propose using the easy to remember name of Threaded flow-adjustment valve. It’s gender neutral, non offensive and descriptive.
I’m sure in the spirit of political correctness and making sure this is a family friendly site that members could create and contribute more currently PC automotive terminology. 😇

·
Registered
432 Posts
I’m just glad on this site we can have adult technical discussions. It’s a relief that the conversation didn’t denigrate to the lowest possible denominator.
I have friends that teach auto mechanics at both the high school and college levels. Simply teaching the sequence of operations by which a reciprocating engine converts heat energy into mechanical energy has turned into the proverbial minefield as previously used terminology may be deemed offensive.
Perhaps as a public service we investigate automotive terms that could be deemed as offensive and come up with terms that are both gender neutral and non offensive in today’s Politically Correct environment.
In the case of draining a radiator, I propose using the easy to remember name of Threaded flow-adjustment valve. It’s gender neutral, non offensive and descriptive.
I’m sure in the spirit of political correctness and making sure this is a family friendly site that members could create and contribute more currently PC automotive terminology. 😇
So "advanced" becomes what, "early", because uh, "retarded" would have to be "delayed".

Also, I see nothing wrong with the name of the radiator drain port plug. Snicker.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Oh, that little thing? It’s beyond gender neutral. I believe the new or additional term is “gender fluid(ity)”
which makes your suggestion even more relevant and perhaps even nebulous In today’s non offensive environment.
Which, by the way, I find somewhat irritating…..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.