Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline "The Beast"
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe I never paid attention but this morning on my way into work my average gas mileage @80 mph was about 30.3 mpg.
I probably would have gotten better mpg at a lower speed where's the fun in that?:LOL:
Isn't it rated at 28 mpg? How reliable are these digital gauges?

Registered
I've got numerous mods (rpm big turbo, ldk long block, cai, tune) and it seems the best I can do is 24-25 馃槵 maybe it's something with the tune, idk

Registered
Best I've ever gotten was when I was first dyno tuned, coming back from Grand Rapids, doing 85mph.... 39mpg. Today we had a 90 mile cruise, a lot of country roads, but some city stuff and I got 31mpg and averaged 40mph. I reset both every cruise we have.... The last several checks I've been off by less then 0.5mpg. I have kept track with gas buddy and another app and they're very close to my DIC mpg. My Charger was even closer at 0.2mpg, but my Camaro so far is off by over 1.2mpg.

Registered
My best so far was the long trip to Lexington, Ky. for the National Meet in 2017.
31.2 on interstate travel averaging around 77 mph.

Most of the times around here I am seeing 28 mpg but it is climbing since
the 50K service visit in April. In the Run to the Shore last month over 450
miles round trip in various conditions it peaked at 29 mpg, but slipped ever
so slightly yesterday in some spirited driving adventures on asphalt twistyness.

Yup a permagrin kinda day for me & RL. Hot afternoon as I ventured north from
my home-with an impromptu stop at a car show at Red Run Park before hand.
Michaux State Park Run 2021.
Catoctin to Gambrill State Park Run 2021.
Look for both of these uploads to my You-Tube channel LAC Films soon.

LAC

Registered
Maybe I never paid attention but this morning on my way into work my average gas mileage @80 mph was about 30.3 mpg.
I probably would have gotten better mpg at a lower speed where's the fun in that?:LOL:
Isn't it rated at 28 mpg? How reliable are these digital gauges?
Best measured was 33.209 over 249 miles (highway). I don't pay attention to the on board display..

Registered
Yes, around 30 mpg (US) is usual. Took a run with an NA once and he was ticked off that the turbo car gets better mileage than the NA does - as long as you stay out of boost - as it is a smaller displacement engine.

Super Moderator
Yes, around 30 mpg (US) is usual. Took a run with an NA once and he was ticked off that the turbo car gets better mileage than the NA does - as long as you stay out of boost - as it is a smaller displacement engine.
The turbo car also has a taller final drive ratio, so its a double-whammy.

My experience running my NA nose-to-tail with a turbo is roughly 28 vs 32 MPG at cruise.
Oddly perhaps, my NA and RL have overall averages that are almost identical for mixed driving over the long term, with both varying within a few tenths of 24.5 MPG.

Registered
Oddly enough, my Solstice and my 1.8 litre 1962 MG get around the same mileage. The fact that the Solstice can do that despite weighing a thousand pounds more has to be at least partially due to fuel injection.

Super Moderator
Oddly enough, my Solstice and my 1.8 litre 1962 MG get around the same mileage. The fact that the Solstice can do that despite weighing a thousand pounds more has to be at least partially due to fuel injection.
Similar here, my 2.5l TR-6 would average 20-22 MPG and produced 98 hp. I think the difference is entirely due to closed-loop engine management.

Registered
My 200 bhp V6 powered 57 MG with injection gets around 30 mpg too.

Reactions: Need4Speed2

Registered
What a sweeeeeeet ride.
Yeah, with triple the stock power and the good basic handling of the MG, it is a fun car.

It doesn't look much like an MG any more, mind you.

Registered
2008 Saturn Sky Redline "The Beast"
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, with triple the stock power and the good basic handling of the MG, it is a fun car.

It doesn't look much like an MG any more, mind you.

Damn, that's nice!

Registered
65 miles /G but kept 46 mile /h for 156 mils ahead.
Pain for the driver.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts