Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love it, Saturn emblem removed along with big chrome grill trim. Also removed the emblem off the waterfall:

·
Registered
308 Posts
going the wrong way!

I agree this is a much cleaner look with the plastic chrome bar removed. I want somebody to offer a black grill insert to allow us to do this. The stock black grill is molded to fit the bar, so we can't just remove it. This would be a simple aftermarket piece of molded black plastic to match what's there now.

BUT all I've seen so far is companies developing more crappy chrome bars to the grill area to junk it up and make it look like a pimpmobile! What are they thinking???
:willy:

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think it looks too unfinished without the chrome bar. If there was nothing there, the bonnet ought to go all the way to the bumper, or else have a scoop further up, ala the Viper.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Did a little photoshoping and painted the chrome the same color as the car. Also with the logo painted yellow. Or blacked out compleatley.

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
When I got the SKY, the thing that I hated most on the styling was the single exhaust. That's fixed now. And so my eye has been wandering, and I was looking for what I found to be the new most offensive thing... And I have come to the conclusion that it is that :cuss: chrome strip in front of the hood. That thing has been a staple of Honda for years.

I gotta do something with that. Not sure what, though. From the beginning I was thinking about the Opel lightning bolt which looks way cool, and it doesn't have the droopy center stem like the Honda. There has to be something to do with that space that looks better than what Saturn put there.

Sad. No Hondas!

(SkyBaby will know that's a Palindrome!)

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
How about we install the red light from the Kit car on, "Nightrider". ha

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
SKY007 said:
Looks great without the chrome grill....now if we could just lose the fake chrome hood vents too.
That's my THIRD least favorite thing!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Grill gone

How about no grill at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Is that a true reprsentation of the blue that will be offered in 2007? If so, I am changing my order before it is preferenced!!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
snaponbob said:
Is that a true reprsentation of the blue that will be offered in 2007? If so, I am changing my order before it is preferenced!!!
That is how the Midnight Blue looks with backlighting and a fill flash. Lighting can really change the looks of a car, but that is an accurate representation of Midnight Blue under those conditions.

(Former professional automobile photographer here.)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Heck... if anyone feels the need to change the Sky's looks already, forget the little grille modifications & go with these web photoshops of the Opel...LOL
(I'd definitely take #1)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Axel said:
Heck... if anyone feels the need to change the Sky's looks already, forget the little grille modifications & go with these web photoshops of the Opel...LOL
(I'd definitely take #1)

You are one truly talented and creative person. Most of your changes are well thought out and in good taste.

Alas, nearly everything at GM is only done by commitee. The bold chrome bar was chosen for several reasons. First there is a definite trend to return to chrome accents, at the publics request, to brighten cars up a bit. Second, many an overseas GM brand like OPEL, VAUXHALL, HOLDEN and others use a similar Bold chrome grill bar for some of the same reasons SATURN does. Instant recognition of brand, regardless of model.

The SKY is a "halo" product for SATURN to help sell all other SATURN models. Obviosly the sky product by itself can't generate enough sales to bring SATURN sales up to where they need to be. SATURN needs volume sales of compact and midsize Sedans and SUVs and possibly, subcompact and large vehicles down the road. The SKY is one of the most beautiful, high impact attention getters I have ever seen. In my view, second only to the E TYPE JAGUAR in pure sex appeal.:eek: :cool:

Every SKY that rolls on the road will attract extremely positive attention from all kinds of people, many of whom would never have looked at a SATURN before. The bold, chrome grill design stands out, bright and shining, just as it was intended to do, instantly recognized as a SATURN brand product just like the AURA, ASTRA, VUE, etc, etc. and it is the SKY which will bring that vital positive product recognition to the entire SATURN product line.:thumbs:

Yeah, I think the opel logo looks better too, but lets be serious.:jester:

·
Registered
342 Posts
greenhornet said:
You are one truly talented and creative person. Most of your changes are well thought out and in good taste...
I think they look good too... but they weren't my designs... hvtm.hu

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Call me "Old Fashioned" but I like the added chrome and the fact it lets everyone know its a Saturn.:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts