Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have a 2000 Integra in which I pay about $1100 every 6 months ... (had an accident, & was at fault in Jan.).

I called my insurance company and on the non-turbo base Sky I was quoted $995 every 6 months... thats $100 cheaper than my teg...

How much extra do you think the Redline will be than the base Sky? Progressive was offering a $300 difference every 6 months... Somebody give me some insight.

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
For the base sky with full tort I was sent a quote of about 500 every 6 months thru state farm. I cant see the RL being too much more maybe 3-400 a year more. Perhaps when somone gets a vin for thier RL they'll let you use it to get an idea for insurance. My 95 trans am, had more HP and was a 29k car and the insurance was about 1450 a year and i had that when i was 18-24.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump for some idea's.. :banghead:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I think it depends upon how old you are, your gender, driving history and where you live. Did you call your insurance company and ask?

·
Registered
514 Posts
GXP's are already being quoted at $550 / 6 mo on the Sol forum.

Anything will be cheaper than the Integra, that car is one of the most stolen, crashed, and illegally raced/tuned cars there is, at least in So Cal. The RL should be significantly cheaper.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Your insurance company will only go by the dollar value as they don't see much difference between the Sky and the RL. Just let them know the cost of the RL you are looking at and they can quote you accordingly. Their computers will now have the Saturn Sky in them and the RL isn't much different in their eyes, just a few 1000 more to replace.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts