Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that I'm a Solstice owner I have interests in all kappas. I have been wondering what makes the SKY an SE. Can you get the SE on an NA and Redline? I assume they have the special wheels and center stripes. Were they available in all colors or just Ruby Red and Carbon Flash? What else makes them special'
Thanks WickedMike

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
They were limited in quantity produced. Think they were only one specific color per MY and that applied to both the NA & RL. (Special colors were the special red, silver, and the bright blue)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Being that I'm a Solstice owner I have interests in all kappas. I have been wondering what makes the SKY an SE. Can you get the SE on an NA and Redline? I assume they have the special wheels and center stripes. Were they available in all colors or just Ruby Red and Carbon Flash? What else makes them special'
Thanks WickedMike
There was no SE for MY2007.
For MY2008, the Carbon Flash SE had black out headlights on both the RL and the NA models. As well as a special silver/black two tone interior which I think they called titanium. Of course there was also the SE racing stripe decal. 500 were made.
For MY2009, there was two SE's. Hydro Blue and Ruby Red. Ruby Red was however also offered as a non SE color. Both cars had special 10-spoke wheels. SE racing stripe decal and special interior stitching. The Hydro had blue stitching on black interior and the Ruby had red on black interior. The RL SE's also had the RL embroidery colored to match the stitching. 500 Ruby Red SE's were made, 89 Hydro Blue SE's were made.
Besides that to my understanding no SE's were available with a spoiler option.

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
IIRC from my research, the SE cars also had a unique VIN...so even if you have the wheels, the color, the stripe, the stitching....without the VIN its not an SE.

·
Super Moderator
11,550 Posts
I believe you can determine engine type and trans from it too...I think. Been 5 years since I did my research. lol Also you could tell which color the SE was from the VIN. Hydro Blue had a different VIN from the SE Ruby Reds.

·
Super Moderator
6,657 Posts
IIRC from my research, the SE cars also had a unique VIN...so even if you have the wheels, the color, the stripe, the stitching....without the VIN its not an SE.
I believe you can determine engine type and trans from it too...I think. Been 5 years since I did my research. lol Also you could tell which color the SE was from the VIN. Hydro Blue had a different VIN from the SE Ruby Reds.
This is correct, but all of the detail is only available for the 2009 MY, and the red is "Merlot", not "Ruby" for the SEs.
  • All years have a unique identifier for the engine
    • B = LE5
    • X = LNF
  • 2007 has unique identifiers for NA vs RL
    • M/B = NA
    • M/G = RL
  • 2008 adds unique identifiers for transmission
    • M/B = Manual NA
    • M/G = Auto RL
    • M/C = Auto NA
    • M/F = Manual RL
  • 2009 has the unique identifiers for color also
    • M/B = Manual NA
    • M/G = Manual RL
    • M/C = Manual Merlot
    • M/D = Manual Hydro Blue
    • M/H = Manual Merlot RL
    • M/L = Manual Hydro Blue RL
    • M/N = Auto NA
    • M/P = Auto Merlot
    • M/R = Auto Hydro Blue
    • M/T = Auto RL
    • M/V = Auto Merlot RL
    • M/X = Auto Hydro Blue RL
  • 2010 reverted to 2008, albeit with different definitions
    • M/B = Auto RL
    • M/C = Auto NA
    • M/E = Manual RL
    • M/F = Manual NA

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone, good information! Any breakdown on count for RL SE verses NA SE's?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Although the listed identifiers are generally correct there are a lot of cars that do not follow those rules.
This especially goes for transmission information in Model Year 2008.
Also the vast majority of the Model Year 2009 "M/C = Manual Merlot" cars are not Merlot and not Special Edition.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2009 SE ruby red redline also. I have seen a break down with more details on this form. I do not know where to find it. If anyone knows please point it out.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Question about Redlines sold per year?

JohnWR
Super Moderator
Joined Aug 27, 2006
6,626 Posts

#4 · 22 d ago
Indiana Keith said:
"Does anybody know the answer?"

2007 = 11479 NA 4973 RL
2008 = 4963 NA 8569 RL
2009 = 1911 NA 2265 RL
2010 = 3 NA 5 RL
_

Total = 18356 - NA
....................15812 - RL

A more extensive thread over on the Solstice Forum.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I have a 2009 SE ruby red redline also. I have seen a break down with more details on this form. I do not know where to find it. If anyone knows please point it out.
I have this info on 2009 Skys in Merlot Jewel color (paint code 75U) (both "regular" and "SE")

994 total cars
.....698 Turbo (LNF)
..........445 Automatic (M82)
...............239 Special Edition (1FW)
...............106 Regular
..........253 Manual (MA5)
...............128 Special Edition (1FW)
...............125 Regular
.....296 Base (LE5)
..........226 Automatic (M82)
...............100 Special Edition (1FV)
...............126 Regular
..........70 Manual (MA5)
...............33 Special Edition (1FV)
...............37 Regular

Hope this helps...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts